18th

I walked down the stairs, putting my hair in a ponytail and made my way past the living room. Moon sitting on the couch watching some movie when she turned to look at me as I was putting on my shoes and grabbing my keys.

Moon- Where you off to?

Julia- I have something to do, I'll be back later.

Moon- What! No, it's your 18th birthday Jules, you can't just leave!

Julia- Too bad too sad, I really need to do this one thing and then I'll be back! Save me some cake!

I yelled as I shut the door behind me. I could hear her frustration from behind the door as I jogged to my car and started to drive. I knew it would be a long car ride, so I just played some music from an old playlist that Robby had made. I pulled up to the gated fence, an officer in a booth and stated my name than had to show him my ID before the fence was opened as I parked my car. I than walked up and went inside the building, I was immediately stopped and had to go through a metal detector before I went up to the desk with an officer.

Officer- Who are you here to see, Ms.-?

Julia- Julia Diaz, sir and I'm here to see... uh Keene?

Officer- There's alot of Keene's here, Ms. Diaz.

Julia- Right, uh Robert Keene?

Officer- Alright, I need to see your ID first.

I showed the officer my ID before he ran it through this system. He then handed it back to me before leading me back into a room. There were chairs lined up with these glass windows dividing in between to prevent any contact. I took a seat as the officer stood a little bit behind me, not long after I did the door on the other side opened and Robby came in. His hair definitely has grown alot in these past couple months. He took a seat in front of me, and I would be lying if I said he wasn't fighting off a grin. I picked up the phone and he did as well. 

Robby- I thought you couldn't come until you were 18?

Julia- Nice to know you have forgotten my birthday.

Robby's smile dropped as he let out a 'shit' before going to speak but I cut him off with a small laugh as I shook my head.

Julia- I see your hair has gotten quite long, I like it really, I do but let's not turn into Dora again, okay? 

Robby- This is the first time I'm seeing you in months and yet you're already picking on me? It's only been a minute.

Julia- Joys of having me as a girlfriend, you don't get the sappy crying and I love you's. This isn't a sad romance movie.

Robby- I see you have been hanging around Moon again. Maybe a little too much.

I shrugged at his words before he spoke again.

Robby- So what have you been up to?

Julia- Uh well I moved in with Moon, figured that was better than staying with the wicked witch of the west. I went back to school, so I'll be able to graduate with Miguel and his class if I work hard enough. Oh! And I have been helping Anthony get girls! it's not working. How's everything here? Any fights or are you finally accepting the consequences to your actions?

Robby- You done? This is what the fourth comment in the past five minutes? If you came here just to rub this in my face, you can go now.

Julia- Do you want me to leave?

Robby- If you're going to keep up with this snarky attitude, then yes I do.

There was a pause between us. I sighed as I gripped onto the phone a little tighter.

Julia- Who has visited you other than me? 

Robby- Why is that relevant?

Julia- Because if someone else came to visit, they either put you in a mood or you pushed them away like you are doing to me. Which one is it?

Robby- Why are you assuming someone put me in a bad mood? Maybe, someone in here did it or maybe you did it. Why are you assuming shit?

Julia- Did I? Because if not seeing me for the last 6 months than seeing me again is pissing you off than maybe this should be the last time I come see you.

Another pause. I took that as him agreeing so I went to put the phone down but stopped when he spoke into the phone making me put it up to my ear again.

Robby- I don't want you to leave.

Julia- Why are you acting like this than? 

Robby- It's just my PO, Charles.

Julia- And what has he done that got you in such a shitty mood?

Robby- He showed up this morning to talk about everything. He just keeps being snarky and saying all these comments, like not helping with the case or anything. 

Julia- And that's got you this pissed off? What else happened, Robby?

Robby- Well um... you know how Trey and Cruz are in here?

Julia- Sadly, what about them? Did they do something?

Robby- Not exactly...