what are you afraid of?

After receiving the letter from Robby, I choice to wait almost a week ish before I went to see him again. I had to get my cast off and I was also helping Xander with his little crush, so it wasn't like I was completely avoiding Robby, at least not in my eyes I wasn't. At the moment, I was sitting in Xander's chair in the corner of his room while him and Alex were on his bed laughing about something. This is a normal thing since their interaction at the mall. I was on my phone when I heard a knock before it went silent for a few minutes than someone entered the house yelling for Alex, I immediately recognized the voice as Johnson as I stood up and jogged downstairs. The two boys right behind me.

Johnson- Finally, I thought I was going to have to go up and grab you again, Alex.

Alex- Funny. We were on his phone, so I wasn't paying much attention.

She ignored his tone and looked at me, I smiled at her as I put my phone in my back pocket.

Johnson- So, Jules have you seen Robby lately? I visited the center and they said they haven't seen you.

Julia- Well you kind of answered your own question but no I have been busy here, so I haven't had time to just go see him.

Johnson- You should, you know? He goes away to state in less than 6 weeks so now would be the time to see him as much as you can.

I nodded knowing she was right. I didn't realize how close his deadline was until now. I was about to say something when she spoke up.

Johnson- Actually, I was about to go see him myself after dropping off Alex. You should join me, that way you can see him.

Julia- Uh yeah sure, just let me grab something real quick.

She didn't say anything as I ran up the stairs and into Xander's room. I let out a sigh before trying to collect my thoughts, I wasn't afraid to see him nor was I upset about it. Just the last interaction we had wasn't so pleasant. I saw the letter on his desk and quickly placed it back into my pocket before the door opened, I quickly turned and saw Xander standing there with a known smirk on his face.

Xander- Your about to go see Robbyyyy~

Julia- Oh shut up, Xander. Should we talk about your hangs out with Alex or is that exclusive?

He glared at me before picking up his shoe from the ground and throwing it at me. I ducked which caused it to hit the back wall with a loud thud. We both look at each other trying not to laugh as we heard Johnson yell from downstairs asking if we were alright. I shook my head before shoving Xander out of the way and jogging back downstairs where Johnson was waiting for me.

Johnson- You okay? I heard a thud and thought you fell.

Julia- Nope, just Xander being Xander. Where's Alex?

Johnson- In the car, don't worry I made him sit in the back.

I chuckled as we walked to her car. We both go in before she started to drive. The car ride was awkward, no one really spoke but you could hear light chuckles from Alex. After we dropped him off, the car remained silent. I wasn't uncomfortable with it, but it wasn't pleasant. We arrived at the center and walked in; it was almost like Deja vu every time I entered this place. The conversations from before replayed in my head as I sat down at the same rounded table. Johnson sat next to me as we watched Robby walk in. He looked at me and had a look of confusion as he sat down.

Robby- I wasn't expecting you to be here, let alone be here with Johnson.

Johnson- Nice to see you too, Robby.

Robby- What are you two doing here? Something changed or?

Julia- I read your letter.

Robby looked at me and his expression was hard to read, no matter how long I have been with him. He was still sometimes hard to read.

Robby- So?

Julia- I have questions, but I'll start with the PO thing since Johnson is right here.

Robby- What about it?

Julia- What do you mean by you are getting a new PO and that she won't be yours anymore?

Robby looked at Johnson as I'm guessing he was waiting for her answer. She sighed and looked at me.

Johnson- When he gets moved to state, I can't be his PO anymore. Why? Well, I only worked with Juvenile cases, so since he will be 18, I won't be allowed to work on his case no more which is why he will be receiving a new one when he gets transferred.

Julia- Okay, do we get to know who that PO is beforehand or?

Johnson- Well you won't be able to meet him in person till Robby is transferred but for what I can say he's not a bad guy. He's stricter than me and less linnet on things but he's still a good PO.

I nodded and looked at Robby who didn't seem phased by this, which made me assume he already knew this information. He looked at me again and I decided to ask the next question.

Julia- Well moving on from that, you said Sam called. What exactly was said between you two?

Robby- Uh well besides her basically telling me that I needed help, it was pretty much just her asking how I was doing and then going into how Moon told her everything. Then her lecturing me until I hung up.

Julia- What do you need help on? That is what's getting me.

Robby- And I asked her that too which she said I should have gotten my anger under control and that she always knew I would have an outburst.

Julia- How could she have known when she was barely around? Yes, you have anger issues, but it was never that bad. 

Robby- Yeah well you can tell that to your nosy ass friends that you have.

His response caught me off guard, I don't know where this was coming from, but I wasn't liking it.

Julia- One, they aren't my friends when I haven't spoken to either of them in a while and two what the hell is with that attitude? I don't know who crawled up your ass when you were asleep, but you should take that attitude up with them and not me.

Robby- You are honestly the last person who should be on me about attitude when you have had one for the past year. You haven't seen me in almost three weeks, and you want to walk in here like nothing? Seriously?

Julia- It hasn't been 3 weeks, Robby.

Robby- Yes, it has. The last time we saw each other was December 25, it's January 16.

I looked at Johnson who was looking at me already.

Julia- You told me he had 6 weeks left?!

Johnson- I knew if I said two, you wouldn't have showed up out of fear so I had to say something that would get you to come.

Robby- Fear!? What are you scared of?! You're not the one going to jail for 9 months in hopes bail gets post in 2! You aren't the one having to go in there by yourself with no one to run to when two guys are in there ready to kick my ass till, I'm black and blue! You aren't sitting here in hopes that your dad would show up and actually come see you before you go or hell even your mom! You aren't going through this, Jules! So, what are you even afraid of that you can't visit me, huh?!

I looked at him dumbfounded; how dumb was he that he couldn't see it?