☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️

"This is the story of how a young girl and I died

"This is the story of how a young girl and I died." Flynn narrates. "But don't worry, this is actually a really fun story. And the truth is, it isn't his. Or mine. Only partly mine." Y/n adds.

"This is the story of two girls, named Rapunzel and Y/n." Flynn clarifies. "See? Partly mine. And it starts, with the sun." Y/n says.

"Now, once upon a time, a single drop of sunlight fell from the heavens. And from this small drop of sun, grew a magic, golden, flower. It had the ability to heal the sick, and injured." Flynn explains.

A drop of sunlight falls from above, and lands upon the Earth. A beautiful, luminous flower blossoms from the floor, minutes later. An elderly lady with a cloak on and a green lantern in her hand discovers this beautiful flower. She observes it, curiously.

"Oh, you see that old woman, over there? You might want to remember her. She's kind of important." Flynn points out.

"Well, centuries passed and a hop skip and a boat ride away there grew a kingdom. The kingdom was ruled by a beloved king and queen, my wonderful parents. And my mother, well she was about to have a baby, and she got sick, really sick." Y/n says.

"She was running out of time. And that's when people usually start to look for a miracle. Or in this case, a magical golden flower." Flynn clarifies.

The elderly woman revisits the magical, golden flower. "Ahh, I told you she'd be important." Flynn reminds. "See instead of sharing this beautiful flower, this woman, Mother Gothel, hoarded its healing power and used it to keep herself young for hundreds of years. And all she had to do was sing a special song." Y/n explains.

"♪ Flower, gleam and glow,
Let your power shine,
Make the clock reverse,
Bring back what once was mine,
What once was mine ♪" Mother Gothel sings.

As Mother Gothel sings the intriguing song, the flower begins to glow brighter. Her grey hair begins to blacken to her natural hair colour, while the wrinkles on her skin fade and her bony fingers gradually turn younger - her youth was returning!

"All right, you get the gist. She sings to it, she turns young. Creepy, right?" Flynn remarks.

Mother Gothel's eyes widen as she hears commotion quite far. She covers up the flower with a basket covered in leaves, disguised as a bush but when she gets up and leaves, she accidentally knocks the faux bush over with her lantern.

"We found it!" A Coronian guard yells, looking at the magic flower. More guards dig up the flower as Mother Gothel observes them from the shadows.

"The magic of the golden flower healed the queen." Flynn states, as the flower petals float in a bowl of water - the queen drinks from it and is soon healed.