🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻

[In The Castle Courtyard, Morning]
Birds fly around Rapunzel and her father, as the two prepare for her nineteenth birthday party. Rapunzel glances at her decorations with pride, before turning to her father with a smug smile.

Rapunzel then tosses Frederic the purple roll of streamers. He misses, then picks them up and gets them all tangled. "Oh, confound these infernal streamers!" He grumbles. Rapunzel laughs. "Aww. Is the mighty king having a hard time?" She teases.

"It's not funny. Have you any idea how difficult it is to-" Frederic asks, trying to get untangled. Rapunzel clears her throat then gestures to her long golden hair, indicating that she does know what it's like to deal with tangles. "Oh." Frederic replies, before the two laugh.

A lantern then appears, floating by the castle. A lantern with a scroll and key tied to it. Rapunzel gasps in delight, as the sky gets blanketed with dark grey clouds. Rapunzel shrugs it off, but then notices her hair is unbraided. She stands by the walls of Corona as her hair begins to glow brightly.

"Rapunzel!" Y/n cries. Rapunzel turns to her sister, who's hair streak also glows brightly. "What's happening?" Y/n asks. "Uh, I-I don't-" Rapunzel says. "Rapunzel, Y/n! Stay here, with me, where you two belong." Frederic says, by the castle.

"Y/n, Rapunzel! Help me!" They hear Varian shout

"Y/n, Rapunzel! Help me!" They hear Varian shout. "Varian?" Y/n asks, looking in the direction of his voice. "Darlings, don't!" Frederic tells his daughters, as the black pointy rocks surround him. "Dad! Dad!" Rapunzel says, grabbing her little sisters hand and rushing after their father.

"But Varian needs our help!" Y/n protests, being dragged by her older sister. Their hair and streak turn dims, as they see their father stuck within a black rock. "Dad?" Rapunzel asks.

"Rapunzel!" Varian says. Rapunzel turns to see Varian behind her, with a cluster of the amber and boiling anger on the young alchemist's face. Rapunzel then turns to her little sister, but she's behind Varian. "You promised!" He yells at Rapunzel. "What?" She asks. With a furious glare, Varian charges over to Rapunzel, followed by the black rocks. "Varian, wait!" Y/n cries, before bright lights emerge. Rapunzel wakes up with a gasp.

Rapunzel wakes up to find herself suspended above her balcony with her hair spread out. "Hey, Blondie, you want-" Eugene says, entering the bedroom with a grin but then his eyes widen and he yelps in shock at Rapunzel hanging above her balcony. "RAPUNZEL!" Eugene yells worriedly, immediately running over and catching his girlfriend as she falls down.

Eugene lets out a small sigh of relief, then puts Rapunzel down. "What happened ? Are you okay?" He asks. "I-I-I.. I don't know.." Rapunzel breathes out, glancing out at the sun and the kingdom afar, then throwing herself into her boyfriends arms, as he hugs her protectively.

[A Little Later, In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
Y/n watches as her older sister hangs paintings on the wall. Paintings that display the strange dream she had. "It was like the dream I had after my coronation, only more intense. This one was trying to tell me something." Rapunzel tells them.