🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻

[In The Morning, At Old Corona]
An adorable white bunny peeks over a hill, sniffing for food. He smiles at the sight of some delicious looking blueberries. He opens his mouth to sample some, but a gust of wind and the rolling of some grey clouds delays his mealtime.

Not too far, Quirin (Varian's father) rakes his garden when he, too, hears the ominous thunder. He frowns with concern, as the clouds close in.

But something else concerns Quirin - a little girl climbs a tree, but she falls off due to the strong winds blowing her off of the branch. Luckily, Quirin catches her in his arms and sets her safely down upon the ground. She then giggles and runs off.

Noticing a concerned expression from one of his neighbours, Quirin approaches him to see him standing by a cluster of the pointy black rocks. "What do we do, Quirin? My home! These rocks are destroying everything in their path!" He panics.

Hearing indistinct chattering of concerned villagers, Quirin approaches them and begins to attempt to reassure them. "Take ease, friends. Our situation may seem dire, but we mustn't lose hope." He tells them. "But, what are they? Where are they coming from?" A farmer asks, wide eyed.

"I've been studying these rocks and I think I discovered a vulnerability in their alchemical make-up." A voice pipes up. The kind farmer turns to Varian, who stares at the rocks with narrowed eyebrows and a gloved hand on his chin.

 The kind farmer turns to Varian, who stares at the rocks with narrowed eyebrows and a gloved hand on his chin

"Son, I told you, leave those rocks alone." Quirin reminds him, sternly. "Yeah, I know, I know, I know.." Varian acknowledges, nodding "..but something has to be done and I think I may be onto a solution!" He tells his father, grinning proudly.

"Something is being done. In fact, I plan to travel to see the king this afternoon about this very matter." Quirin tells his son. This gains his eager attention. "Oh. Well, uhm, then can.. can I come with you? I'd like to check up on Y/n, anyway. See how she's doing." Varian tells his father, with a hopeful smile.

Quirin is very aware of Varian's friendship with the youngest princess. And he's always respected this. After all, he thinks it's wonderful for his son to bond with somebody his own age for once. Plus he's grown rather fond of Y/n, the more she visited.

"Very well. You can travel with me." Quirin agrees, with a chuckle and a smile. "Really? Yes! YES! ROAD TRIP! ♪ Varian and Dad going to see the king! ♪
I will pack ham sandwiches." Varian cheers, pumping his fists, doing a little victory dance and running off to prepare for the journey to the castle.

" Varian cheers, pumping his fists, doing a little victory dance and running off to prepare for the journey to the castle