🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕

[At The Caravan, Nighttime]
"They've been at it for a while. What could they be talking about?" Eugene questions, with a frown. He and the gang watch, as Adira, Rapunzel, Varian and Y/n whisper to each other, from afar. "Shh! I'm trying to eavesdrop!" Cassandra replies.

"You know I can read lips, right?" Lance boasts, then glances over at Adira. "'Follow your dust to me'." He incorrectly guesses.

"Follow our destiny? How is this supposed to tell us our destinies, if neither of us can read it? Even Varian's having a hard time with the second part." Rapunzel tells Adira, glancing down at the map in her hands. "I never said that. I said 'I'm working on it', it'll just take time." Varian points out.

"Find your next scroll piece at the Spire. And the Keeper will take you to it." Adira advises.

[The Next Morning]
So the gang does exactly that. They head to the Spire. "Is this it? The Keeper's place?" Eugene asks. "I guess there's only one way to find out." Y/n points out, before walking ahead.

" Y/n points out, before walking ahead

"Stay together." Cassandra whispers, when Rapunzel follows after her little sister. "Well, we are on a narrow, elevated road, so I'm not seeing too many other options." Eugene points out. "It's too quiet. I don't like it." Cassandra tells the others.

A thunderous roar reverberates throughout the area and Eugene, Lance and Rapunzel jump. Y/n gasps, grabbing Varian's arm, as he looks around frantically, holding his staff in front of them.

"What is that?!" Lance exclaims, before they glance up at a mountain. Pascal squeaks, nervously. "Hang in there, buddy." Rapunzel tells him.

With a deep breath, Rapunzel approaches the supposed location of the Keeper and knocks on the door. The door slightly creaks open, and Ruddiger immediately scurries behind Varian's leg, in fear.

"Uh, hello?" Rapunzel calls, but lets out a shriek and backs away, when she and the gang are startled by dozens of moths flying out of the door. "Bugs! Moths!" Lance yelps, batting them away.

Rapunzel proceeds to the door again, but a fog of dust sends her stumbling back in surprise, as a red-haired bespectacled woman appears to them, with her face covered by her sleeve.

"H-Hi. Uhm, my name is Rapunzel, and this is my little sister, Y/n." Rapunzel introduces. Y/n gives a small finger wave. "Uhm, and I'm Lance." Lance adds, but Cassandra shushes him.

"And we're looking for the-" Rapunzel continues. "Keeper of the Spire? Look no further! I am the Keeper-" The woman interrupts, dramatically. But then, she chokes, coughs and a moth flies out of her mouth. "Swallowed a moth. Again." She grumbles, in her raspy voice, letting the gang get a clear view of what she looks like. Then she clears her throat, and approaches the gang. "Let me start over. I am the Keeper of the Spire! But you can call me Calliope." She introduces.

" She introduces