🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻

[On An Old Island, In The Middle Of The Ocean]
A man waits patiently in the shadows, rubbing the wooden box in his hands. The shadow of whom he waits for approaches. "You're late!" He scolds.

A brown-haired woman with two long braids and green eyes approaches excitedly. "Did you find it?" She asks. The man glances up at her, squinting his one eye, that doesn't have an eyepatch over it, in a serious expression. "Remember, lass, abide the warnings." He tells her. She eagerly takes the box. "Yeah. Warnings. Totally got it." She replies.

The woman approaches the door, when the man grabs her arm. "Pay heed! For once you open this box, your life will never be the same." He tells her. "Sure thing..It's not for me though. It's for someone very special." She answers, smiling down at him.

[The Next Morning, On The Corona Castle Terrace]
"Happy birthday, Mom." Rapunzel says. "Happy birthday, Mommy." Y/n adds, at the same time. It's Queen Arianna's birthday! And to celebrate, the two daughters and their mother have something very special planned.

 It's Queen Arianna's birthday! And to celebrate, the two daughters and their mother have something very special planned

Arianna opens her blue present and smiles at the sight of a shiny gold telescope. "Oh! A telescope." She identifies. "Yeah! We can use it to watch all the falling stars during the Empyrean Shower tonight!" Rapunzel comments. "Oh, such a good idea, dear! Thank you." Arianna tells her, holding her hand.

"Open mine next, Mommy.." Y/n says, handing her a box wrapped in purple. The queen smiles at her youngest daughter and opens it to reveal a multicoloured handwoven shawl.

Arianna chuckles warmly, as Y/n smiles. "To keep you warm tonight, in case it gets cold." She tells her. "Aw, I love the colours. Thank you, honey." Arianna replies, holding her youngest daughter's hand with a smile.

"Open mine next, Mrs. Queen." Lance insists, laughing eagerly and handing Arianna a brown box. "Lance, you didn't need to get me a-" She tells him, opening the box and her eyes widen at the sight of a ragged tent with a note on top of it. The note says it's the queen's tent, with Lance's name crossed out. "..tent. Thank you so much." She tells Lance, with a smile.

"It's for camping! Queens go camping, right?" Lance asks, as Eugene glares at him. "Uh, not usually." Arianna replies, with a polite smile.

"Huh.." Lance says, then gasps excitedly. "Hey! Speaking of camping, Eugene and I are making a whole night out of watching the shower. We're actually gonna camp out overnight. It's kind of a tradition." He tells them, wrapping an arm around Eugene and pulling him in for a side hug before resting his hands behind his head on his chair.

"Hey! Think I can borrow your tent?" Lance asks. "Ahem! Lance! It's time we had a little discussion about royal appropriate conversation!" Eugene states, standing up abruptly, glaring down and steering his beaming buddy, by the shoulders, away from the group. This makes Y/n laugh in an adorable way that makes her mother smile at her.

"And we better pack for our big night at Mount Saison, right, Mom? Come on, Y/n." Rapunzel says, as Pascal climbs onto her shoulder. The sisters kiss and hug their parents, before leaving to get ready.