🌻 Under Raps 🌻

[Outside Corona Castle, Daytime]
"Centuries ago, Corona was engaged in a years-long war with its rival kingdom, Saporia. Corona's then-King, Herz Der Sonne, created a complex system of tunnels to move his knights and supplies wherever he needed. He then made a detailed map of these tunnels and their secrets in a secure journal. At the height of the war, Der Sonne's sworn enemy, General Shampanier, launched a full-scale invasion on Corona. Shampanier fought her way through the castle to face King Herz Der Sonne himself. Their battle waged for hours with neither side relenting. That is, until Shampanier discovered that the book's final pages contained Herz's profession of love for her. It was then she realised she held similar feelings for him as well. And soon, the two were married. And a lasting peace was brought to the newly united nations forevermore." Big Nose states.

It's the Day of Hearts in the kingdom of Corona and Big Nose regales a crowd, including Rapunzel, Eugene, Cassandra, Varian, Y/n and the pub thugs about the origins of this romantic occasion, much to their delight - well.. most of them, at least.

"Oh! Isn't that the most romantic story you've ever heard?" Rapunzel asks, in awe and adoration. "I guess. If you're into romance and that kinda thing." Cassandra says, shrugging before rolling her eyes.

"I think it's really inspiring! It proves to people that love can blossom from anywhere, even from sworn enemies." Y/n says, smiling in adoration.

"Don't you think so, Var?" Y/n asks, nudging Varian's arm with her elbow

"Don't you think so, Var?" Y/n asks, nudging Varian's arm with her elbow. "Yeah, I think it's great. Especially how Herz Der Sonne created a complex tunnel system by himself. That's inspiring!" Varian states. Y/n giggles. "Of course, that's what impresses you." She jokes.

"And our kingdom commemorates this day, the Day of Hearts, each year by displaying the book. So all those who have found true love may sign its pages." Big Nose tells them, as King Frederic and Queen Arianna sign the book together before they kiss. Arianna then tosses a handful of red, paper hearts to the crowd of people in celebration.

Varian then smirks. "Hey, Y/n. How about we sign that?" He suggests, gesturing with his eyes to the book. Y/n giggles. "Very funny, Var. But it's dedicated to more than friendship." She points out , gesturing to Rapunzel and Eugene signing the book, not getting what the alchemist meant. Chuckling shyly, Varian rubs the back of his neck. "Heh, yeah.. o-obviously joking." He mutters.

The crowd of people cheer and applaud for the Day of Hearts as a red paper heart falls onto Shorty's nose. Taking it off, he then turns to Cassandra and holds out the red heart-shaped paper for her. "Happy Day of Hearts, my lady." He tells her.

Varian and Y/n chuckle and giggle, but they pause when Cassandra groans with an angry expression and snatches the small red paper heart from the small drunk's hands before tearing it up. "Can't this kingdom go one day without celebrating something?" She remarks, then storms away.