🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻

It's a new day in the kingdom of Corona, but not just any old day - it's a very big day for Cassandra. It's the Challenge of the Brave.

The Challenge of the Brave is a very special day. All the fiercest fighters from all the seven kingdoms come to compete in a large tournament and whoever the lucky winner is will have earned the respect of every warrior in the seven kingdoms.

This obviously gets Cassandra's attention, because she dreams of being so much more than just a handmaid, or lady-in-waiting. She is a skilled fighter who dreams of becoming a royal guard.

Cassandra spends most of her time doing the regular handmaid chores she's expected to do, but she spends the rest of it preparing for the Challenge of the Brave. She finishes her training on a large field of grass, as she decapitates a hay-filled dummy with her sword, and is pleased to have gained the attention of three young children.

But, the children aren't just there for Cassandra.

"Whoa! It's Princess Rapunzel and Princess Y/n!" A little girl says. Cassandra, confused at first, turns around and sees Y/n and Rapunzel walking behind her. Rapunzel is wearing her regular purple dress, while Y/n wears her simple blue dress.

The little girl and two little boys run to the princesses and they all share an adorable hug, while Cassandra looks a little disappointed to lose the attention from the incredible stunt she did

"Wow, Cass. What is all this?" Rapunzel asks, as she and Y/n look at all the training equipment with curiosity. "Nothing. I'm warming up for the Challenge of the Brave this morning. It's just a competition to find the toughest warrior in all of Corona. No big deal." Cassandra says, with a smile.

"Ooh, that sounds perfect for you!" Y/n comments. "Yeah! Where can we sign up?" Rapunzel asks. "Yeah, like I said, no big-" Cassandra reminds them, then pauses. "Oh, sorry, what?" She asks.

"I wanna sign up!" Rapunzel repeats, overjoyed. "You mean compete?" Cassandra questions, as Y/n turns to her older sister. "Uhh, Rapunzel? Toughest warrior in all of Corona? I don't think-" She points out, but the three children encourage Rapunzel to compete. Cassandra, however, isn't as enthusiastic about the idea. "That would be fun. But I'm not so sure that's the best idea." She tells them, gently.

"I'm brave! So is Y/n, and we're always up for a challenge." Rapunzel justifies, putting her arm around Y/n's shoulder. "But the.. the thing is, the challenge is by invitation only, so you can't do it. Oh, man, ugh! Rules are rules.." Cassandra lies.

"Oh, that's unfortunate." Y/n replies, with a small frown. But then, she perks up. "Well, just know.. you can count on Rapunzel and I cheering you on, Cassie." She assures Cassandra. Rapunzel nods with a smile, as Cassandra smiles at the two princesses, happy to have their support.

[At The Arena]
"Welcome to the Challenge of the Brave, where you will see skilled combatants from all the lands compete in a series of death-defying challenges that culminate in the main event! The ultimate melee!" The announcer declares, loudly.