🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻

[Eight And A Half Years Ago]
Thunder crashed loudly and the rain hammered upon the floor. The lightning flashed, as a mother chameleon ran for her life, wide eyed.

Mother Chameleon briefly turned around to hear a violent hissing. The white, orange and red eyed, snake she had accidentally gained the attention of, was just behind her, quickly slithering after her.

Running as fast as she could and hiding being a tree, Mother Chameleon quickly grabbed her baby son and snuggled him lovingly. Hearing the familiar hissing from behind the tree encouraged the mother to run, for the sake of her and Baby Pascal.

Baby Pascal, who was safely wrapped around his mother's tail, took one look at the venomous creature behind them and his eyes widened. The snake acknowledged this and slithered after them.

As the hunt continued, the hissing got louder. The rain pounded upon the ground and Mother Chameleon wrapped her tail around her baby even tighter as she picked up the pace. She was extremely worried. For her, and for Baby Pascal.

The mother kept running until she and her baby were met with a large, rushing river. Her eyes widened anxiously. She, and her baby, turned around to see the vicious snake quickly approaching them. Mother Chameleon knew exactly what to do. To protect her baby.

Mother Chameleon knew it was the only good choice, if she wanted Baby Pascal to be safe. She did what Bambi's mother, Varian's mother and Tod's mother did for their sons - sacrifice herself.

After snuggling with Baby Pascal one final time, Mother Chameleon set her confused and frightened son down upon a lily pad. Baby Pascal frowned as his mother's tail pulled away from his reach, and the lily pad drifted him away from her.

Mother Chameleon frowned as a small tear escaped her son's eye. She then turned and saw the snake towering behind her. Baby Pascal watched with wide, terrified eyes as his brave mother stood her ground and glared at the snake.

But as the lightning flashed, the rain hammered and the thunder pounded, the snake swooped at Mother Chameleon, who stood boldly in front of it. With one swoosh and a large bite, Baby Pascal's mother was gone. But, she was glad her son was safe from the vicious snake. Or so she thought.

The lily pad continued to escort Baby Pascal to safety, but both were met by a large waterfall. With a frightened squeak, the baby chameleon pummelled down the waterfall. He swam up to the surface of the water and paddled his tiny legs to a field of grass, where he coughed out the small water that could have choked the poor baby.

Baby Pascal collapsed onto the grass, after coughing. He was tired. After building up the strength to stand up, he opened his eyes and watched the top of the waterfall - he checked to see if his mother would follow him down the waterfall. She didn't. She was killed by the snake.

Baby Pascal frowned. He wanted his mommy.
But, she wasn't there to comfort him anymore.
He didn't have anybody else to help him.
This realisation made another tear fall from his eye.
He was on his own. And he was frightened and sad.

After walking slowly with his head drooping low, he collapsed on the floor again. With his eyes shut, to rest, Baby Pascal laid on the grass for several minutes. But the sound of a little girl humming a song caught the baby chameleon's attention.  He opened his eyes and looked up. There was a tall tower, in front of him. And it was lit up, inside!

Hope sprung through the baby chameleon's heart and he rose to his feet again. He hurriedly made his way over to the tower. His eyes widened and glittered with interest. He slipped a couple of times when he climbed up the tower, but he eventually made it to the top! He let out a small sigh of relief as he pushed one of the wooden doors open.