🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕

(Y/n's POV)

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
I inhale deeply, then exhale slowly.
"What if.. Varian came with us?" I suggest.
Rapunzel's eyes widen, not expecting that thought.

"Okay, I definitely was not expecting you to say that

"Okay, I definitely was not expecting you to say that." Rapunzel admits. "I know, I know.. it's a little.. risky." I realise. "'A little'? Y/n, did you not see what happened out there? And what happened tonight?" Rapunzel asks. "I know, but.. I was just thinking. If I told him about us going, I figured that might convince him. You know, to find a way to break the amber and free Quirin." I point out.

Rapunzel nods, with crossed arms. "Uh-huh, he could do that. Or, he could make another giant robot and exact more revenge on us." She states.

"Well, then.. I don't know. Keep the chains on him, if it keeps your mind at ease. It was just a suggestion." I reply. "What's going on here? You were in tears, frightened of him, and now you're acting like he's himself again." Rapunzel says.

"I think he can be." I tell her. "How?" Rapunzel asks. "Because he saved me from those rocks. He could've easily let them kill me.. but he didn't. And his automaton, the robot, got destroyed. He risked his entire plan for me." I tell my older sister, who pauses, stunned by the realisation.

"That sounds like a good sign, to me." Rapunzel says. I nod. "It's just going to take time, to trust him again.." I point out. Rapunzel nods.

"Well, it is hard. I mean, after you go through something like that, how can you ever trust anyone again?" Rapunzel points out. I shrug, in response.
"I don't know.." I mumble, looking down.

"I trusted the woman who I thought was my mother, but was actually just using me for my hair.." Rapunzel recalls. "But, I also trusted a thief.." She reminds me, then smiles thoughtfully. "..who eventually became my one true love." She finishes.

I smile softly, as Rapunzel reminisces. "So, little sis, my point is.. if you stop trusting people completely, you won't ever get hurt. And that's fine, but if you open up to people.." Rapunzel states, as Pascal climbs down from her shoulder and into my hands. I smile, as Pascal lets out a happy squeak.

"You could end up with more than you ever dreamed of." I finish. Rapunzel nods, with a smile. "So?" I ask. Rapunzel sighs. "I'll go talk to Dad, you go find him." She decides. I then pull my older sister in for a hug. Rapunzel giggles, hugging me back.

[A Few Minutes Later]
While Rapunzel tries to convince our dad, I walk down the hallway, thinking of where they could have put Varian. "I'll be sure to do everything I can to get him help." I remember Daddy saying.

Ruddiger chitters by my side as I walk through the castle. I decide to check the only place I can think of right now - the dungeon. I quieten Bucky and Ruddiger, putting a finger to my lips and shushing them quietly. I can't blame Ruddiger too much, I guess. After all, he hasn't seen his best friend since.. well, since it all happened.