🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻

[In Corona Castle, Morning]
"Good morning, Princess." Faith, a maid, greets.
"Beautiful day." A guard adds.
"Someone's in a hurry." A man says.
"Gesundheit, m'lady." Shorty blurts out.
Rapunzel doesn't pay attention.

Although they all greeted her joyfully, the oldest princess is furious by what she and the others experienced the previous night. And that she and her little sister have been lied to by their father.

These thoughts help Rapunzel forget about her sleepiness, as she marches to the throne room, flings the doors open and glares at their father.

"You lied to us." Rapunzel states. Nigel and the guard with the king wisely decide to leave, so he can speak with his oldest daughter alone. Smart.

"Rapunzel, I just heard what happened in Old Corona. I-I assure you my intent was only to protect you and your sister." Frederic insists, standing up from his throne. "From what?! Your own men?! It's time for answers, Dad. I want to know why you lied about Old Corona, and why you've been covering up the fact that our kingdom is being destroyed by those black rocks. What are you trying to hide?" Rapunzel demands.

"I'm sorry, my dear, I did not want to lie to you both. But neither of you are ready for the truth." Frederic states. Rapunzel groans in frustration. "Oh, Dad! We are beyond what we are and not ready for. People are in danger!" She tells him.

"RAPUNZEL! I am the king, and I have the situation under control." Frederic states, firmly. Rapunzel frowns, glaring at him, then walking away. Before she leaves, she sighs. "You know, you are not the first person to lie to me and tell me I am not ready for the real world." She points out, before leaving the throne room, slamming the door shut.

[Ten Minutes Later, In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
"So, I guess it's a pretty safe bet that Corona won't be hosting a daddy-daughter dance anytime soon?" Eugene jokes with a chuckle, but then Rapunzel's glare shuts him up. "Yeah, sorry, not the time for jokes." He tells her, apologetically.

Rapunzel sighs. "I'm not sure what's going on, but I know Corona's in some kind of danger, and I feel like Y/n and I are the only ones who want to do anything about it." She states, shaking her head.

"No! no, you're not. Listen, Blondie, no matter what we're up against, I'm with you all the way." Eugene tells her, holding her hands. "I know, thank you, I just.." Rapunzel says, then sighs. "I think I need some time alone." She tells Eugene.

"Understood. You know things do seem pretty dark right now, but if anyone can find a light, it's you. I've got a feeling everything's gonna be okay." Eugene says, before opening the bedroom door.

"Pete, just take it back. Okay?" Y/n asks, in the hallway. Eugene sees Stan crossing his arms, with his back turned to Pete. "Wait! All I said was your breath smells like tree-rot, you are a sub-standard croquet player, and previous instances where I asserted you had a lovely singing voice were patently false." Pete blurts out quickly, then covers his mouth with a gasp. Y/n's eyes also widen.

Stan gasps, offended. "You've always loved my voice!" He recalls. "Pete! Why are you being so mean to Stan? He's your best friend." Y/n reminds him. "I know, I can't help it! It's like I-I have to say whatever's on my mind!" Pete exclaims.

"Oh, yeah? Well, you have cookie crumbs on your cheek." Stan tells Pete, pointing to his cheek. Then Stan sobs and runs away. "Stan!" Y/n calls. "Stan, wait! I'm sorry!" Pete says, running after him.

"Y/n, what happened?" Rapunzel asks, as she and Eugene approach the confused youngest princess. "I don't know. All I heard was Pete and Stan arguing, then.." She replies. Eugene puts a hand on her shoulder. "You two have got enough on your plate. Go get some rest. I'll handle this." He tells them, following after the bickering guards.