🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕

"They're gaining on us!" Rapunzel calls. "Oh, why did it have to be wolves?" Y/n asks, as they run. They've just accidentally disturbed a pack of ravenous wolves, so now they're all running for their lives, through a large forest.

"What are these things?" Cassandra asks.
"Wolves. I just said that." Y/n clarifies.
"A pack of Slayer Wolves." Eugene corrects. He then pulls out a canteen, and slips some coins into it.

"Come on! This way!" Eugene tells the other, after rattling the canteen

"Come on! This way!" Eugene tells the other, after rattling the canteen. They quickly follow after him, until they are blocked by a large wall. "Dead end! We're goners! Aw, please, wolves, don't eat me! I'm so chewy! Oh, who am I kidding? I'm probably moist and delicious." Lance panics.

The group back away as the wolves close in, with Varian holding his staff, with the multicoloured alchemical vials on, and pointing it out like a sword. "Now what, Eugene?" He asks.

After waking the wolves, Cassandra reluctantly allowed Y/n to remove Varian's chains, since it would be even more dangerous not to. But the youngest princess still remains to be the only one who trusts the young alchemist.

"It's not a dead end. It's just got good acoustics." Eugene says, reassuringly. Then he raises the canteen and shakes it. The coins inside make a loud rattling noise which echoes even louder. This actually makes the wolves scared and run away. Once they're gone, Eugene stops shaking the canteen, and turns to the others with a smirk.

Rapunzel laughs in relief, wrapping her boyfriend in a hug. "That was incredible, Eugene!" She praises. "How did you know that?" Y/n asks, amazed. Eugene shrugs. "Survival knowledge, Kiddo. It's not the first time I've been on the run before, after all." He points out. Lance nods in agreement. "Oh, man, Eugene's back and better than ever!" He states. "Yeah! You're the King of the Wild!" Hook Foot adds. Eugene grins. "All right, everybody, let's hit the road." He tells them.

Once everybody climbs into the caravan, they continue their journey inside of it, through the forest. With Eugene bragging a bit, along the way.

"Eh, anybody who's spent time in the woods knows that Slayer Wolves have extremely sensitive hearing." Eugene says, holding the reins, with Cassandra and Rapunzel sitting beside him.

"See that teamwork? I distract them by pretending to cry while you chase 'em off.." Lance says, sitting on the roof with Hook Foot and Shorty. Then, he chuckles. "Thank you!" He whispers.

"I just did what had to be done. Now come on, I'll show you how to extract drinking water from a tree trunk!" Eugene tells them. "I doubt that's good for the tree." Varian states.

Eugene's eyes then widen and he stops at the sight of what sits in front of them - a large swamp. "Why would the black rocks lead us here?" Y/n wonders, as she and Varian watch the journey unfold from the two windows above Cassandra, Eugene and Rapunzel. Varian shrugs, inspecting his map.