🌻 Great Expotations 🌻

[Morning, Corona Castle]
Y/n wakes up with an excited smile because today is a special day - it's the Exposition of Sciences!

Having an intrigued interest in science, Y/n is excited to see scientists demonstrating their experiments on stage. Also, she's hoping that a certain black-haired and blue-streaked alchemist friend of hers will be here too.

Just outside the castle, Cassandra hangs a banner for the expo while bitterly muttering under her breath why the lady-in-waiting has to help set up. Y/n helps out Cassandra too, so both girls are standing on a ladder to hang the banner up.

"Who's ready for the expo?"

Y/n and Cassandra turn around to see Varian standing behind them, making Y/n gasp in delight. "Varian!" She greets, with a pleased smile. Owl then flies up to Cassandra, who just rolls her eyes.

"Hey, Y/n! Hey, you wanna see my new invention? Rumor has it it is shoo-in for the first prize in the contest." Varian declares, with quite a proud smirk. "I started the rumor." He whispers, winking at Y/n.

Y/n giggles, climbing down the ladder and running over

Y/n giggles, climbing down the ladder and running over. "That's great, Varian!" She replies, giving her alchemist friend a hug. He hugs her back, of course.

"So, what does it do?" Y/n asks, after separating from the hug. "Well, my invention can create an entirely new element! I call it-" Varian explains.

Varian's explanation was interrupted accidentally by Stan, the guard, who informs Cassandra that there's a guard position open for her. "Come on, let's go!" Cassandra tells Stan, immediately sliding down the ladder to get that guard position.

"Cassie, wait. What about the-" Y/n questions, but Cassandra is gone. "Banner?" Y/n finishes, as one of the ropes start to slip. Owl quickly flies up and grabs it, but the banner starts to fall down.

"Uh-oh." Y/n says. "I got it!" Varian insists, climbing up the ladder and he hangs the banner back up while Y/n keeps the ladder steady for him. "Thanks." Y/n says, as Owl returns and perches on the post. "No problem." Varian replies.

" Varian replies