☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️

[The Next Morning, In Corona Prison]Eugene can't help, but pace around and worry about Rapunzel and Y/n

Eugene can't help, but pace around and worry about Rapunzel and Y/n. It could be safe to assume that Y/n is back in the castle. On the other hand, it certainly doesn't mean Eugene isn't desperate to know if both the girls are safe. He can't just stay locked up, but what choice does he have?

After hearing the cell door unlock and creak open, Eugene turns around to see the captain walk in. "Let's get this over with, Rider." He remarks.

"Where are we going?" Eugene asks. The captain's stern silence and stony expression answers him. "Oh.." Eugene says, lightly touching his throat.

[Meanwhile, At The Tower]
Mother Gothel unbraids Rapunzel's hair and removes the flowers as she sits on the bed, still upset. "There, it never happened. Now, wash up for dinner. I'm making hazelnut soup." Mother Gothel says, with a smile. It fades, when she notices Rapunzel's lack of energy to smile. Or even look up.

"I really did try, Rapunzel. I tried to warn you, what was out there. The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it." Mother Gothel says, then leaves.

Holding the purple cloth, with the royal crest on, in her hands, Rapunzel frowns sadly. Pascal snuggles against her, in a shade of saddened blue.

Rapunzel then lies back on her bed, staring up at her ceiling while holding the cloth gift Eugene bought her. She stares up at her artwork, but narrows her eyebrows in confusion. She looks at the cloth and then back at her artwork on the ceiling repeatedly. All of her artwork consists of the exact same sun symbol. She then stands up as realisation floods her mind: she remembers seeing the sun symbol in her crib as a baby, and memories of the king and queen come back to her.

The memory of the murals of Y/n and the older lost princess comes back to her. Her last memory is when Y/n and her put on the crowns in front of the mirror. Rapunzel gasps, falling back against her dresser as she finally realises who she truly is!

'I am the oldest lost princess, and Y/n is my little sister!' Rapunzel thinks to herself, wide eyed.

[Back At The Prison]
Eugene is being escorted by guards to be executed. As he continues walking down the long hallway, he notices the Stabbington brothers in a cell.

Anger boils up in Eugene quickly and he roughly shoves the two guards to the floor, then grabs Sideburns by his shirt aggressively. "How did you know about her?! Tell me, now!" He demands.

"It wasn't us, it was the old lady!" Sideburns admits. "Old lady?" Eugene questions, before he's forced away by more guards. "Wait, no, wait! You don't understand, she's in trouble. Wait!" He yells.

[Back At The Tower]
"Rapunzel? Rapunzel, what's going on up there? Are you all right?" Mother Gothel questions, after hearing the thudding of Rapunzel's dresser.