Vol. 1 Chapter 1.1 - An unsettling start

"Hmm? This seems like a rather well-equipped classroom. It would appear to live up to people's expectations," it was the boy who quarreled with those women on the bus.

"What a bad omen," Horikita muttered.

To think this troublemaker is in our class as well. Oh shoot, I forgot to keep up with the back-and-forth conversation between Horikita, and now she appears to be reading a book, Crime and Punishment? How fitting.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka"

I looked up. It was that blond man who had that quarrel from the bus. It seemed he walked up to me while I was despairing about my lack of success with holding up a conversation... But how does he know my name?

"You are from the white room, are you not?"

The words pierced through my ears. My composure cracked. Why? How?

"...you..."

A majestic laughter bellowed from him. "Looks like I am right, as expected of a perfect existence like myself, but there is no need to be alarmed Ayanokouji-boy, although I am very curious as to why you chose to come to this school."

He then reached his hand out, gesturing a handshake to me with his right hand..! What a strong grip. He then closed in on me.

"Please don't disappoint me. I will personally be defeating you, to destroy the greatest masterpiece your father made. That way, I can truly be the perfect existence."

Another majestic laugh washed out the classroom's ambience, causing a lot of the class to look back to the source of the sound. Koenji then went back to his seat. It looks like he is filing his nails with his feet on top of his desk, while humming at the same time. He had already become fully absorbed into the act. Within 5 seconds, more than half of the class had begun drawing themselves away from this man. His imposing nature dominated the space. 

The name on the back of his seat is Koenji Rokusuke. What a strange man. I glanced over to Horikita next to me, she looked visibly disturbed, attempting to immerse herself in the book she is reading.

I sighed. This is rather troublesome, I felt despair. But, for some reason at the same time, I also felt excited about this.

Side Note: In the original light novel, it took 10 seconds for more than half of the class to begin drawing themselves away from Koenji.