Vol. 1 Chapter 6.2 - Superiority complex vs Superiority complex

After classes ended, me and Kushida both looked at each other. Alright, now it's time.

"Horikita-san. Do you have some free time today after class?" I asked.

"No, I have to go back to the dormitory and prepare for tomorrow." She really does seem to study all the time.

"Well, it is something that only I can ask you, unfortunately. If I am asking you then you should know this."

"Then what is it."

"There is this café, Palete café on the campus that I have really wanted to go to for some time now. Unfortunately, only girls go to that café, so I have a gut feeling that guys are just banned from entering there as an unspoken rule.

"Certainly most customers there are girls, but aren't men also allowed to come anyways regardless?"

"Well yeah, but they never go alone. Even the likes of Ike wouldn't do something like that. This means that only if they are friends with girls or if they are someone's boyfriend. Plus, I am too shy to go there alone anyways." I added.

"And by the way, I don't plan on making friends with you through this." Even though my expression is already unreadable, I meant it.

"Hmm, alright then Ayanokouji-kun. There are some things that I am interested in asking you personally. It is regarding your swimming performance. I assume there is no need for any further rehabilitation either. And I'll overlook the fact this could be a set up." How perceptive.

"That is comforting to hear, but also scary to hear. Anyways, lets go already. The café is pretty busy so finding a seat would be tricky especially at this hour."

The café inside indeed did look very busy inside. Unfortunately, there wasn't a table for two available. Once again, Koenji is there and it looks like he is getting settled in as class only just ended 5 minutes.

"Nee~ Koenji-kun, why did you come here earlier than usual."

"My, my, pretty girl. Did you miss me that much? I just thought a perfect existence myself would want to see you and the rest of you just a few minutes earlier today after all." Koenji grinned. It looked like one of the girls was holding his mirror for him while he combed his hair and applied hair gel to it.

"Uhgh, what a nuisance," Horikita muttered.

"Yeah, he comes here everyday, I am a little jealous though. I would have asked him to bring me here but his presence is very dominating, I am looking for a more relaxed experience, when trying to enjoy the food here." I mentioned.

"Do you like sweets, Ayanokouji-kun?" she asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to try pancakes as I also never had them before." This was something that I was curious about.

"I guess we will have to wait a bit. Oh never mind, look, some seats are available." Now that I think about it, this café has some nice music to it. This would be a good place to go on a date with.

"Hey, I just thought of something. If the people around here see us like this, they'll probably think we're a couple..."

Horikita's face remained expressionless.

"Or not."

I then heard the two girls sitting next to me say, "Let's go," before grabbing their drinks and leaving. And then here comes Kushida.

"Ah, Horikita-san. What a coincidence! And Ayanokouji-kun too!" she said.

"Yo."

Kushida had chosen 4 class D friends in her class to assist in this plan. I sent the first 2 a signal for them to move, which lead to the other  2 leaving after a bit, making it look like Kushida arrived via a coincidence.