Vol. 1 Chapter 9.2 - Group studying

(Not much changes about this chapter unfortunately after the start, but the next chapter (chapter 9.3) has a really major change, it is my favorite chapter so far)

Tomorrow has passed, and everyone looked quite energized. Horikita looked determined to get through this too. And... Satou was clinging on my arm. Hey hey, how are we supposed to study like this? 

"Alright everyone, take a look at this. This was study material that was recommended by a teacher." Horikita said, while handing everyone the material. Good thing she didn't say it was from me.

"Also, Kushida-san. Are you sure that you need this help? You seemed to have done well during that test."

"Hey, hey, no need to argue with Kushida-chan!" the self-proclaimed white knight said.

"Yeah, no need to be mean!" the second self-proclaimed white knight said.

It looked like Kushida brought these two to civilization once again, although they are still several centuries back in time. Horikita sighed. She really did not want Kushida here.

Satou had gotten a score of 34, so although she wouldn't have gotten expelled if the practice test was real, she was too close for comfort. In other words...

"Satou-san, you really need to study."

"Ah, cmon. We still have a lot of days left until the real deal, riiight~? And we can have some fun along the way too~." Satou then got even closer to me. She had unbuttoned her shirt just enough for me to see. Gulp. Don't stay distracted.

"Ayanokouji-kun is right. Anyways lets get to the first problem. Please consult me if you are stuck, I have already went through these." Horikita said.

"Heyyy, I'm stuck already." Yamauchi joked about. We hadn't even received it yet.

When we received it, some of the people here looked confused.

"Heyyy, I'm stuck already." Yamauchi said.

"You already made that same joke, now stop it." Horikita bluntly said.

"But like, for real. I am stuck."

Horikita's expression turned to complete confusion and disbelief, then sheer annoyance.

"H-how can you be stuck on the first question?" Horikita exclaimed.

"I'm also stuck." Sudou said, while still glaring at the problem, aggressively looking left to right at the sheet.

I decided to read the problem in my head.

"A, B, and C collectively have 2,150 yen. A has 120 yen more than B does. Also, after C gives B two-fifths of his money, B would have 220 yen more than A. How much yen did A originally start with?" This question does look quite tough for them.

"Try thinking about it. If you give up right at the beginning, you won't get anywhere."

"Look, I don't know how to study at all," Sudou said.

"Everyone got into this school."

"Uhg, I don't get it either." Ike said, bewildered, scratched his head.

"Same here, Ayanokouji-kun could you teach me how to do it?" Satou said. Something tells me she wasn't telling the truth.

Horikita sighed upon hearing all this. "Honestly, first- and second-year junior high school students could easily solve this problem. If you stumble here, it'll be impossible for you to continue," Horikita said.

"So, what, we're like elementary school kids?" Sudou growled.

"Listen up. This can easily be solved using a system of simultaneous equations. When you have 3 unknown variables like this," then Horikita got a whiteboard marker and drew on the board she had in hand. It seemed like only Kushida and Satou understood.