Vol. 1 Chapter 7.1 - Practice test

It has now been three weeks since the entrance ceremony. Life has been getting better, although the classroom has been very lax as of recent. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with Hirata's group a couple of times too, got to try out some new food. And I have still been going to the gym every other day as well.

"Ha ha ha ha! God, you're so dumb. You're hilarious, man!" Ike chatted loudly with Yamauchi. Hirata has already tried to warn them about their spending habits but...

"Hey Ayanokouji, spare me some points?" Yamauchi asked.

"Sorry, but no can do. You will only be broke until the 1st of next month after all. Also how did you blow all of that money already?"

"Well you might not understand this, but a guy has to pay in order to service a girl in a date." Yamauchi replied with a grin. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "If you help me, I can help you, alright? You are already helping out with Ike, so why not me? It seems like you might need the help, with that attention you are getting from her."

"If you tell me the truth, then I will lend you points."

"Really? Then, well, I guess I did get carried away with the games that The Professor showed me, and bought that console... Please dude! You gotta help me! I can't stand the vegetable meal set in the cafeteria!" Yamauchi cried out. Honestly he was pathetic.

"Alright, alright here is 2000 points," I eventually gave in.

"Thank you, man, you really are the best! I'll overlook the fact that you betrayed us!" Yamauchi cried out, with a little bit of tears in his eyes. The vegetable meal set really did look unappetizing so I couldn't blame him. But what did he mean by that?

Halfway through our morning lesson, Sudou barged into the class and slumped in his seat with a yawn, clearly not caring about how late he was. Surprisingly, the teacher did not mind one bit about this. Even with the poor language from the girls and Ike and Yamauchi were tolerated. Some of the students have appeared to have headed Koenji's warning though.

"Woah seriously? Hirata and Karuizawa are dating? Awesome." Ike mentioned. Of course, I did know about this coming eventually, but this was a lot sooner than I thought. They really do seem like the perfect couple for each other though. I'm quite jealous though. But I guess I could be in luck.

"Heyyyy~~, Ayanokouji-kun!" Satou said enthusiastically, while grabbing my arm. "How have you been today? Good?"

Recently rumors have spread around that me and Satou were dating. Of course I dismissed them because that isn't true. Despite that, it has made my day-to-day life more lively. In a sense, she is quite like Karuizawa. Although, it looked like I have garnered some resentment from those two.

For our 3rd period, we had Chabashira sensei.

"Quiet down a little, please. Today's lesson will be a bit serious."

"What do you mean?"

"We are going to have a short test as it is the end of the month. Now before you all say anything, these will not reflect on your report card. There is no risk involved so don't worry. They will just be used as a future reference." Sensei said. The class looked confused but continued on.

When I received the test, I wondered what exactly is it used for then? Also, just like the entrance examination, there were three questions at the back with a noticeable spike in difficulty. Well it shouldn't matter anyways, I will go for full marks in them unlike what I did in the entrance examinations. Even though this test doesn't count in the memorandum signed due to being a pop quiz. A single test shouldn't be enough for our bet after all.

After a couple of minutes, I finished the test, with Koenji finishing just about the same exact time as me. I instinctively looked back at Horikita. She appeared unfazed.