SS - Horikita Suzune - Disappointment, Disownment, Defeat

Defeat.

This word had been instilled into me by the student known as Ayanokouji. He had shown that both he and Koenji were far above my level.

Furthermore, Ayanokouji showed that I was even far below Hirata's level.

I had to acknowledge that.

There was no way I couldn't, after everything that Ayanokouji showed me, after everything that Hirata did for the class, after which Hirata even gave me the chance to prove myself at a potential sacrifice.

But Kushida? How is she far above the likes of me?

I found that to be an absurd statement.

But then my older brother came in and said otherwise.

It turns out that my older brother and Ayanokouji worked together, to test me and teach me defeat. And Ayanokouji did all this to save everyone in his class, like he said he wanted to do when he saved Sudou.

"Suzune, I didn't think you'd follow me this far. And yet, you are still the useless girl I saw back during junior high. You haven't changed one bit in the last 3 years. Or perhaps, you have become worse, you have become a liability. You've always fixated on following me, and, as a result, you didn't notice your glaring flaws. Choosing to come to this school was a massive mistake." 

Was following him a mistake? But, he is my role model, the perfect being!

I admit that I have made an incredible number of mistakes. I do indeed have many glaring flaws that I didn't even realize all that time.

I even chose to ignore my desire to reach class A to prove my worth and superiority over the likes of Ayanokouji and Koenji.

This was because I thought I was already capable of reaching class A on my own, as I had thought, I managed to become just like my brother after all this time. I assumed that Hirata could handle it and ignored the logical mistakes about it. I lost myself in my own striving to prove myself.

That was one of the biggest mistakes I have made at this school.

And yet, somehow, I made far greater mistakes.

But that wont stop me from reaching class A.

"T-that's, that's...you're right. But...but, but I'll reach class A right away! I'll do it---"

"You possess neither the abilities nor the qualities needed to reach class A. Even after all this, you still think you are capable of doing so? Even if this class reaches class A, it will most certainly not be as a result of your own actions, but by Kiyotaka's actions instead."

He stared at me with no hint of emotion. It was like he was staring at an uninteresting object.

...What he said is true. I am not capable of reaching class A right now.

But I will eventually. 

Not now, but eventually.

"Leave this school immediately. So that you won't be a stain to Kiyotaka's class, so that you won't be a stain to the student council president, so that you won't be a stain to the Horikita name."

"... ... ...No, I won't. I will reach class A."

I am still determined to get to class A and prove myself.

Do you hear me brother? 

I will reach class A.