Vol. 1 Chapter 1.3 - Introductions

"Surprisingly I would have to agree with that man," Horikita muttered.

Koenji proceeded to leave, not paying any attention to the comments about him.

"Everyone, can you please listen to me for a moment?" Hirata spoke up. From my first impression he didn't seem like a delinquent, but instead an honors student.

"Starting today, we're all going to be classmates. Therefore, I think it would be good for all of us to introduce ourselves to the class and become friends as soon as possible. What do you say?"

"Agreed! Other than Koenji-kun, we still don't know a thing about each other, not even our names," someone shouted.

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Feel free to use my first name! My hobbies include sports in general, but I especially like playing soccer. I'm planning on playing soccer here, too. Nice to meet you all!"

So that's how you do an introduction. Compared to Koenji, I could tell that Hirata's popularity has already skyrocketed. Even the girl sitting next to him had hearts in her eyes. Someone like him would most certainly be dating the cutest girl in our class. Although it appeared as if half of the boys in the class looked at him angrily, but with jealousy instead.

"Well then, I'd like everyone to introduce themselves, starting from the front. Is that okay?"

Some of the students left before their introduction came, including Horikita. Although I did want to stay.

After some of the classmates introduced themselves, eventually my turn came.

Clack! The chair rattled as I stood.

"Um, well my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. And, uh, I don't really have any special skills or anything... although I suppose I can handle myself in a couple of sports. I also do tea ceremony and calligraphy, and, uh, the piano as well. I'll do my best to get along with all of you. It's, uh, nice to meet you."

I suppose this introduction was passable. I got to mention some of my interests and hobbies, a normal person would have at least some interests. I did give myself a bit of time to prepare myself an introduction, after seeing how negative the reception to Koenji's introduction was.

"It's nice to meet you, Ayanokouji-kun. I always wanted to be friends with everyone, just like you. Let's both do our best alright?" Hirata responded with a refreshing smile. Honestly, if I was a girl I would have probably fallen for him already.

Everyone clapped. Their applause didn't feel as bad as I thought it would be. I felt glad that it didn't turn out to be too terrible of an introduction. Maybe making friends isn't going to be difficult as I thought.

"I suppose that is everyone now, at least for those who stayed, but I would like to mention one thing. Although Koenji-kun's statements earlier were rather provocative, some of his deductions did appear to be grounded with logic behind it. So I personally recommend everyone one here holds back on spending their entire 100,000 point allowance and save some for next month. And please don't treat Koenji-kun too harshly after this. Thank you for those who stayed."