Vol. 1 Chapter 11.3 - Ayanokouji's lament

After finishing with the call with Manabu, I continued towards class B. It should be around here, I think? I haven't really been around class B before so I am trying to use the maps around school. The school is quite confusing to navigate for me at times, even though I have been at this school for over a month now. Sometimes it feels like I am going through endless corridors. There are also a lot of cameras present in this school as well, but just like in the classrooms, they are difficult to spot if you aren't actively looking for them.

When I arrived, I peered into the window on the door. It looked like class B's study session was still ongoing. I could choose to go inside, but I would rather just wait outside to not disturb them. Surprisingly, it actually looked like Koenji was helping some of the students with their studies inside. This really did seem out of character for him. I sort of just awkwardly stood outside the classroom, and paced around a bit as well.

After class B's study session finally ended, I waited outside class B's room until Koenji came outside.

"Yo Koenji, how is it going?"

"Greetings, demon-boy. It has been a pleasant experience. Class B has paid me a generous sum to tutor some of the students in their class. Did Hirata-boy send you?"

Koenji already got to the heart of the matter, but not before flexing his additional gains in private points. And he still calls me demon-boy for some odd reason.

"Yes he did, so I am guessing you know why I am here then. But why do you keep hanging around Kanzaki?"

"Kanzaki appears to be the only person in that class who isn't drenched in the power of friendship and being good natured, a cohesive unit losing individualism, so he was the only one I could hope to break a deal with regarding the cheats. Apparently he has also heard of the Koenji conglomerate, so he has acknowledged my excellence very quickly."

The one fact about class B that Hirata was looking for was also the same fact that Koenji appears to not care about whatsoever. Go figure.

"Is his family rich?"

"Yes, he appears to have quite a few family connections as well."

"By the way, tutoring other students doesn't sound like your style. Usually you would do, ahem, 'that' instead."

"Well there is no harm in investigating other classes now is there?"

"I suppose so."

"So are you interested in starting the bridge between class B?"

"Back to what Hirata wants, hmmm? I suppose I could arrange a meeting. You do seem rather insistent in this connection yourself, just like Hirata-boy. Normally I would charge for this, but due to my endless graciousness and boundless generosity, I will set it up for free."

It seems like Koenji has also seen through me as well. I honestly did not care about what Hirata wanted as he should be able to form these connections himself even without my help or Koenji's help. However, I wanted to be a part of the start of the relations between class D and class B as a a way to get closer to both Ichinose and Hirata. I also came here asking other questions as well.

"Alright then, thank you. But what about the other student you are hanging out with?"

"That? Well that is a secret that will be revealed in due time."

"Okay I'll take your word on it then."

After some time, Koenji scheduled a time for me, Koenji, Ichinose, Kanzaki and Hirata to meet up. I thought of asking Horikita to come as well at first but then I changed my mind.