Vol. 1 Chapter 8.2 - Scam artist

I decided to head to the cafeteria, but all alone. Well in reality I have someone else who is at the cafeteria as well, but they are already there. Luckily today, no one that I knew of in my class were interested in going to the cafeteria today as well.

Looks like I have found the perfect target. It was one of the guys that I had fun with, eating a vegetable meal set. I wonder what that actually tasted like.

I decided to get myself a vegetable meal set as well, and sat in front of him. If I wanted to look unassuming, I had to blend in and also look pathetic.

"O-o-oi Oi! It's you! Give me my money back! And your friend! Make him give back what he stole as well!" The senior shouted. He then grabbed my collar. People were starting to look. He looked like he was about to punch me, with his hands balled into a fist.

"Relax, relax, we are in a public space, you don't want to lose your precious private points again, right? In fact, I have a very enticing offer."

"This again? I'm leaving."

"Sorry, but you can't do that. There are plenty of witnesses here who just saw you get violent. I'll report you to the school, again, if you don't at least hear out my trade. And also." 

I then pointed to the direction of that man. It was Koenji, menacingly sitting down. He had his chin rested on his hands.

The guy gulped.

Now he knows for certain there is a witness willing to report him to the school.

 "There's room for negotiations."

"Uhghg, what do you want, then?" he asked like he was annoyed. 

But in reality he looked a little interested.

"Give me the tests to last year's mid terms for when you did your 1st years."

"How much?"

"100,000 points." He looked shocked, he must have not expected that much.

"Wait, Are you sure? Although... that doesn't sound like much. There is a lot of risk involved with me selling this." He looked quite happy with this deal, but he was trying to squeeze out extra.

"Just for that I am lowering it to 60,000 points. And add the practice test before that exam on top of that."

"What! You can't do that! I thought you said there were room for negotiations!" He shouted out.

"Can't I?" I then looked back to Koenji. Now he was smiling, menacingly. The guy gulped even harder than last time.

"Deal, although the practice test isn't going to be necessary." Now he looked somewhat pleased with himself. It looked like I still overpaid a little.

I thought about bringing Kushida to help me, but I ultimately decided against it. My reputation as a scam artist might not be a good idea to expose, with all the other seniors that recognize me at the cafeteria as a scam artist as well. Admittedly I probably could have brought down the costs a lot more with her. And, well, I don't trust her either.

I left while holding my vegetable meal set to another table. I moved to the table that Koenji was on. Due to his imposing nature, no one else sat on that table. Except for some senior girls who seem to always hang around him. Why do they seem to hang around him?

"Nice work Ayanokouji-boy. Although we don't need to use these tests for ourselves, I am sure I can sell these to other 1st year students. Maybe class C's delinquent-kun would be a good trade."

"Your ability to exude your imposing nature like that is certainly impressive."

"Well a perfect being like myself simply overshadows these lower mortals. All right then ladies, dig in."

Well time to dig in to this vegetable meal set.

Euuugh. Disgusting.

Is this supposed to be edible? It tasted worse than the protein shakes that Albert recommended. Healthy foods really do taste terrible.

Also, it looked like one of the girls was feeding Koenji. How strange. I don't get why they would like his personality if I were to be honest.

"By the way, should I report sensei to the school?"

"Not yet, we should collect more evidence regarding the matter."

"Also, why are were you hanging around with class B?"

"There is a certain someone in that class who has piqued my interest. It has been what I have worked on for the time being. It is still a little too early to reveal that though." Koenji said.

"I see." I wonder what he meant by that. I didn't think there would be someone who's got Koenji interested. It shouldn't be romance related as he is only interested in the seniors.

Looking through the tests on my phone, as I had expected the practice test is identical. Chabashira's hint before she left the class was certainly helpful.

I called Horikita.

"Hey, Horikita, I got some good study material for you and the boys to work through. I bought it from Chabashira-sensei as well."

I could hear Horikita breathing. How close was her phone to her face?

"Yeah sure, print out some copies for them and for me. I'll look through them before the actual study session." she then hung up immediately.

Oh jeez that was loud. Does this woman know how to use a phone?

But regardless, this is perfect.

Side Note: That was the kind of things that Ayanokouji and Koenji was doing after Vol. 1 Chapter 7.2 after the group hangout. As you can guess that is how they became so wealthy. I would like to give credit to Chaoskouji for inspiring the idea about scamming the seniors. 

Ayanokouji's personality has formed into a bit of a trickster as well, which you can see in Chapter 8.1 with Horikita. This is from all the scamming he has been doing.