Vol. 1 Chapter 12.3 - Date?

"Ayanokouji-kun~~!"

"Yo, how is it going?"

"It is going goooood, how 'bout you?"

"It is going well. Well then, let's get started."

Huh, Satou appeared to have been wearing very similar clothes to what Karuizawa wore last week on the weekends. It looks really good on her, as they both have that gyaru aesthetic. She also had her nails done as well. She must have gotten some inspiration.

Would it be the right decision to compliment her clothes? Or do I hold off on that for a conversation starter later?

"Ayanokouji, you are spacing out again. you are standing still right now." Satou said.

"Oh, it was just that I thought you looked nice in those clothes."

There, I said it.

"Awww~, thanks, I really appreciate that compliment." She replied.

We then started to walk together. If I were to be honest, I did want to try holding Satou's hands. However, my palms are super sweaty right now.

"By the way, did you know about something known as the Ikemen rankings?"

"No, what are they?" I said.

"Really? Let me show you right now!" Satou said enthusiastically.

She got her phone out. She had a lot of customizations like a custom phone case with stickers on it. It looked quite similar in design to Karuizawa's phone. It was honestly quite cute, but a little excessive. She then opened up a page with links to a bunch of lists.

For some reason, I saw some troubling titles to lists, such as 'Guys who should die'.

"You rank very highly in terms of looks. In fact, you are number 4 in looks. Hirata-kun is number 2."

"I see, Hirata certainly is a great looking guy."

"Sure, Hirata-kun is certainly amazing, I can't deny that. But....I feel like Ayanokouji can compete." She said.

"I see."

"However, you do rank rather highly in gloominess, though. And your social skills aren't particularly high, either. although you have definitely been improving. You have definitely been pushing yourself to get into groups like Hirata's group. And I like that fact about you, coming out of your comfort zone like that. I first got the impression that you were the type of guy to not do that, and instead mope about, all gloomy. And the fact that you were hanging around with Koenji and the idiot trio certainly didn't help, either. But then you started to hang around with Hirata, and then bam! That killer performance in the swimming lesson!"

"It honestly has been quite difficult, but also quite fun. I appreciate what you said about me improving myself. Can I see some of the other rankings?"

"Sure, why not."

I then looked at the list on Satou's phone of 'Guys who should die'. Sure enough, Ike and Yamauchi were tied for first place. 

In fact, they are tied for first place not just in class D, not just in the 1st years, but in the entire school. What an incredible achievement. 

Their stunt back during the swimming lesson must have solidified their position. 

I will be gracious enough to not tell them about their ranking.

They also appear to be quite high in some other rankings as well, but I will also not be telling them about those rankings either, for obvious reasons.

I am surprised by how social norms allow girls to make a list like this. From what I've heard in the internet, the girls would have went on a rampage if the guys did the same thing to them, something known as a double standard.