Vol. 1 Chapter 12.6 - Confrontation

Horikita told me and Koenji to come to the back of the school building. I originally wanted to be the one confronting her, but this also works. But while I am heading there, I made a call to Chabashira.

"Hello Ayanokouji." Chabashira said.

"Thank you for helping me out there. There was just one little detail I would like to confirm. But for now, it was very helpful for you to give wrong messages to the class like that."

"Indeed, I was a little puzzled at first as to why you wanted me to say that the likes of you, Koenji and a third person in class A were compensated generously by the school for getting above full marks in one of the exams. To think that all these defects in class D thought that they could be compensated as well by getting full marks like how you guys were compensated in the practice test. The school obviously knows the circulation of the cheats. And it looks like Horikita has just realized how far behind she truly is with that statement. Achieving 100% isn't enough to be at the top in this school."

"I would also imagine that no sane person would waste their points to buy an extra point like that either. Also, your timing was excellent, sensei. You made sure to reveal Sudou's expulsion as soon as Horikita tried to ask me about how me and Koenji obtained that 1 extra mark." I added.

"Indeed. After all, actions do speak louder than words. Also, I personally think that you should have been compensated. You, Koenji and that third person in class A. This is just my perspective, not as a teacher."

"That third person is the little detail I would like to ask about. Although you seemed to have already implied it, do you know if she visited the teachers office and also bought a mark?"

"Yes, she did. She came into the office a little later than you guys actually. You could say that it was her challenging the likes of you and Koenji, a declaration of war. It was also her demonstrating her superiority in class A. There is a schism, a battle for leadership of class A and Sakayanagi is asserting her dominance in the class. I wouldn't be surprised if she has took over already."

"I see." 

That must be why she sent out Kamuro to scout out whether me and Koenji were going to buy a point or not. That way, she would then buy a point for herself.

It is pretty much a statement, saying that she can also do the same thing we did. She has the points and the knowledge to test the rules and find loopholes. And in addition, this will even help her solidify her position as class A's leader.

In a sense, she is doing something similar to what Ryuuen did, testing the school rules and finding the loopholes in the system. These acts are what distinguish the likes of Horikita to competent people like Ryuuen and Sakayanagi. Even Hirata is on the right path towards understanding the point system.

However, Sakayanagi does sound quite troublesome, I have attracted some unnecessary attention already. But, for some reason I felt excited by this.

"Well, thank you for your cooperation, I hope that we will be able to cooperate like this in the future as well."

"Perfect, I'll see you tomorrow in class." 

"By the way, you will also hear some very good news tomorrow in homeroom."

"Well I will be looking forward to that. Bye Ayanokouji-kun." 

"Bye." I then cut the call.

I went to the location that Horikita requested. 

"Where is Koenji-kun?" Horikita questioned.