Vol. 2 Chapter 2.2 - Invitation to the student council

I heard footsteps behind me, but glancing to the refection in the mirror, I noticed it was those two.

Ike and Yamauchi both jumped at me at the same time, wrapping their arms around my shoulder. If I didn't notice they were there I would have fallen down onto the ground with their combined weight.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I said in a friendly gesture.

"Yooooo~! Ayanokouji! Why didn't you tell us that you got in the council?" Yamauchi said, attempting to 'noogie' my head while bearing a wide grin. Luckily this is nothing compared to Sudou's cranium scrapers.

"Well, if I didn't get in, that would have been pretty embarrassing to say that,"

"Hahah yeah yeah, anyways! Congrats man! ... ... ...Anyways broski, we got a favour. Do yah got any...spare points? I am well, kinda down in the drain with points right now, eheheh." Yamauchi sheepishly said, making these weirdly dramatic hand movements.

"Yeah man, I'll do anything to avoid eating that vegetable mealset!" Ike joined in expectedly.

"Alright, alright, I can lend you guys some points."

"Niiiiice. Hey, how about we hang out right now?"

"Sorry dude, one of the guys from the student council wants me right now," This isn't a lie, as Nagumo sent me a text. I do appreciate their gesture though, even if this will be a burden to my wallet.

"Well alright then, you go ahead and show the student council who is the real final boss!" Ike said enthusiastically, with Yamauchi nodding in approval.

Looks like I am alone now...except not really.

I felt an ominous presence eyeing me down during the exchange with the beggars.

"Heyyyyyy Ayanokouji~~!" Satou said while clinging on to me.

"...So, why didn't you tell me that you were applying to the student council? And then got in?!?"

Huh, her voice? Is this what they call being 'passive aggressive'?

"...Well if I got rejected then I would have been quite embarrassed to tell." I said, keeping up with what I said with Ike and Yamauchi. Who knows whether or not Satou managed to hear that part of the conversation.

Upon hearing this, a bright smile appeared on her face. "Awww you~~! So adorable, being all embarrassed like that!" Satou giggled.

"By the way, I am setting up a double date with Karuizawa and Hirata at some point next week... and judging from the fact that your face is lighting up right now, I am guessing you are interested?" I said.

"Really?!? Yay!" Satou then clung onto me very tightly. 

...Kuh--! She's choking me--!

...I don't think I can get her off me now. Oh well, looks like I will have to walk the weight of two people to Nagumo.

Once I reached the student council room, Satou finally let me go and I waved her off.

When I entered in the room, I saw Nagumo and Ichinose starting to play cards with each other, with some drinks and snacks. They must have just gotten here a few minutes ago. Nagumo noticed me and beckoned me to have a seat.

"Well if it isn't Ayanokouji-kun! What brings you here?" Ichinose looked surprised when saying this.

The news was said only in my class, but the news will spread very quickly. But since Ichinose must have went straight to the council after homeroom, the likelihood that she heard of the news is unlikely. That is unless if Nagumo told her already, but the way Ichinose asked why I am here is strange.