Vol. 1 Chapter 6.1 - Kushida's Plan?

(Someone in the comments told me that one of the chapters was too short, and I just realised that. Jeez what the hell. So I put it in here instead.)

After lessons passed, and lunches passed, another recurring event passed

"Another day passed, with another rejection from Horikita. Seriously now, why does she have to be such a b**** to Kushida?" A girl muttered.

"Yeah, I know, right?! I just wished Kushida stopped inviting her at this point." Another girl muttered.

"Damm, you girls in the Horikita hate squad as well?" Ike stated rather loudly. Hey, hey, she's still in the room y'know?

But recently rumors have spread around about Horikita's personality. Horikita then left after packing up her stuff. I thought about Hirata and instinctively looked at him. He seemed to notice.

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you have a moment?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Well, it is about Horikita-san, though it seems like you were expecting me. Horikita seems to always be alone. Could you tell her to try and get along with people a little?"

"Although Horikita hasn't been trying to make trouble with others, I will try something when the opportunity arises. I doubt that I could actually do anything meaningful, but I'll give it a shot anyways."

"Thank you, Ayanokouji-kun."

This entire time, I felt a presence staring at me from time to time during this conversation. It was probably the wind. And by that, I mean Satou. I thought that she had something important to do today though? That's odd.

Kushida was also one of the people who had to leave when lunch ended, except she appeared to be leaning against the wall just outside the class. When she noticed me, she smiled like always.

"I'm so glad! I was waiting for you, Ayanokouji-kun. There's something I want to talk to you about. Do you have a minute?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure." I could guess this was about Horikita, but I thought it would be a little rude to assume that from the start.

"By the way, did you hear? I'm surprised that Ike-kun went to Palete café alone, I wouldn't have the courage to do so myself." I also made sure to include this.

"Oh really? That's quite courageous of him, the food there is great."

"But anyways, I'll just ask you outright, have you ever seen Horikita-san smile even once."

"Come to think of it, no, I haven't. Although I guess you haven't seen me smile either. What's your point."

"Just because you don't smile on the outside doesn't mean you can't smile from the inside! But with Horikita-san, I don't see any of that. In fact, on that topic, it is like as if she doesn't have 2 sides to her, only one." Kushida replied nervously.

"So, I was hoping, to use that favor and set up a plan where me and Horikita-san get together!"

"Anyways, hasn't Horikita already warned you to not invite her out again?"

"Yeah... so I was wondering, if you could actually help think of a plan with me? You have been the most successful in holding a conversation with Horikita-san afterall."

"Hmm, well it seems like going at it from the same angle hasn't been successful. Maybe you could bump into her, somehow? I muttered that last sentence to myself.

Kushida then appeared to have a light bulb shine up above her head.

"Ayanokouji-kun, how about you invite Horikita-san to Palete café? You did just say right before that you wanted to, right? And how about we get some of my friends to secure some seats right after class? Then, I can appear just in time to join tables and talk with the two of you?"

"Look's like everything is figured out then."

"Alrighty! This operation will take place after lessons started." Kushida said enthusiastically.

I'm sorry Kushida, but this plan was destined to fail, but that is because I wanted it to. But you will be useful to me. So that's why I am thankful. I called the number of him.