Vol. 2 Chapter 3.3 - A bet in class 1-C

Another day has passed.

Another day of class C under Ryuuen's tyranny.

"Dammit, why the hell am I in class C. That jerk Ryuuen really screwed with the class like that and gets away with it. How the hell are we supposed to get to class A."

Tokitou lamented to himself. He was sitting on a bench. He was on his phone, mindlessly scrolling through some app with a disgruntled look. But then a student approached him. He flinched upon realizing who it was.

"Hello, what's your name?"

"Vice President? O-oh, my name is Tokitou Hiroya." Tokitou hesitantly replied.

"You are from class 1-C, are you not?"

"Y-yes I am."

"Ahahah! No need to be shy, just treat me like you would do with anyone else. Call me Nagumo. However, it looks like you aren't particularly happy. So what's up?" It was Nagumo who said this. He sat down on the bench next to Tokitou. Tokitou shifted away from him a bit.

Nagumo then took out 2 cans.

"Catch, I usually keep around a spare can for times like these, a drink is better when you are drinking it with others," Nagumo said.

Tokitou took the can and opened it up. Tokitou hesitated for a bit, but then spoke. Nagumo had a rather lax attitude surrounding him, which eased Tokitou's mind slightly.

"...It's that Ryuuen freak. He runs class C like a dictatorship. Surely you must have heard of the rumors, right? Nagumo-kun?"

"I usually don't listen to baseless rumors like that, but I have heard of it. What a stir."

"Well the rumors are true. But no one in class 1-C actually wants to report him. You've seen what happened with that one girl in class 1-D right? 300 class points down the drain. No one wants that to happen. But as a result that means no one will report Ryuuen's act of violence. he keeps getting away with his reckless acts," Tokitou lamented.

Nagumo then smiled at Tokitou and put his hand on his shoulder, while still sitting on the bench.

"How troublesome. However, if those rumors really are true, then wouldn't it be better in the long run if he is served justice? There is the likelihood that his recklessness would result in more than 300 class points lost in the next 3 years you spend with him, after all. Have you considered that, Tokitou-kun?"

"N-no I haven't. I guess that does make sense though."

"In other words, I would suggest that you tell him directly that you will report his actions once and for all to the school and to explain your reasoning. Perhaps he might change his ways if you give a logical explanation to him. And if need be, I will personally investigate this harrowing issue just for you. After all, I can't leave my fellow students in the dust right?" Nagumo laughed while saying this.

"I see. Thank you very much Vice President." Tokitou said. He then stood up and gave a little bow with a look of resolve and determination.

Nagumo smiled back and then left without a word, sipping through his beverage.

A day has passed. News has spread not only the announcement of the new Vice President of the Student Council being Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, but another change to the school rules due to Koenji Rokusuke. The two students who were in the news just so happened to be in the same class. The class known as class 1-D.

However, looking at class 1-C, the homeroom of class 1-C has ended just now. Sakagami-sensei left the room.

But before anyone else could leave or even get out of their chair, Tokitou rushed towards Ryuuen's desk.