Vol. 1 Chapter 5.1 - The bets

It has been 1 week since the entrance ceremony. Fortunately I have had the chance to go out with Hirata and his harem twice, and I've started to get a little bit more used to the crowd. Although progress with Horikita was minimal at best.

"Whew, man! I was looking forward to today so much that I barely slept last night!" Ike shouted.

"Ah ha ha! This school really is the best! It is almost time for swimming, and you know what that mean, right? Girls in their swimsuits!" Yamauchi shouted out.

The girls backed away immediately from Ike and Yamauchi's rabid excitement. I feel like it would be a good idea to not go close to them for now.

"Hey professor! Come over here for a sec!"

"You called?" A chubby boy appeared, nicknamed "The Professor"

"So are you going to be our observer?"

"Leave it to me! I'll call in sick to skip class so that I can observe instead.

"Record? What are you planning?" I asked.

"The Professor is going to rank all the girls sizes for us, and maybe get some pictures in as well with his phone. By the way, join us, will you?"

"Hey, hey." Sudou visibly drew back in response to Ike's plan. Having easy banter like this does sound nice, although I certainly wouldn't want to be risking my school life.

"To tell you the truth, we have been making bets on the girls' sizes. We have even come up with some probabilities!"

The professor then opened up a spreadsheet, filled with all the girls in this class. They really weren't kidding. Maybe I should join in, to make some private points on the side. Not because of any of reason, I think.

"It's 1000 points to join, what do you say?"

"I guess I will join."

As I chose the most likely candidate, a couple of other boys also joined in

"My money is on Sakura!" Yamauchi proclaimed.

"Why that boring girl?" Ike questioned.

"To be telling you the truth, I recently confessed to her! And she was huuuge man."

"You shouldn't ask her out if she isn't at least cute, even with her large assets."

I didn't think Yamauchi was telling the truth.

"All right! The pool!"

It was finally time for swim class. Ike and Yamauchi weren't even trying to hide their excitement.

"C'mon Ayanokouji, let's go together!"

"Huh? O-okay."

I hesitated somewhat upon receiving Ike's invitation, but I hurried up to the locker room. Then, Sudou promptly removed his uniform and started to change, showing off his physique. This physique of his was clearly built through years of playing basketball, compared to the other students he was in incredible shape.

"Sudou, you're pretty bold. Aren't you nervous being around other people like that?" Ike said while changing, using a bath towel to hide himself.

"In sports, you can't just get flustered over things like this. If you act all shifty, it'll have the opposite effect. you become the center of attention.

He could say that again. In these sort of places, sneaky guys got mocked. That is something worth knowing about.

"All right, im going on ahead." Sudou then promptly left the locker room. I quickly finished changing as well and followed in with Sudou.

"Hey Ayanokouji, your physique doesn't look half-bad if I were to be honest. Especially compared to that pipsqueak Ike. Do you work out?"

"I guess I do from time to time."

Upon seeing the fifty-meter pool, Ike cried out, "Woah, this school really is something special! But wait? where are the girls?"

"Dude, they take time to change, be patient alright?"

"I see, so what if I were to jump in the girl's locker room?" Ike grinned while saying this.

"They will all gang up on you, beat the living crap out of you, and then file charges, most likely."

"Oi, don't give such a realistic, deadpan response and ruin my fun!" Ike began to tremble with that scenario playing in his head.

"Also, if the girls sense you staring at them in their swimsuits, they will most likely hate you."

"Come on, man, like there even exists a guy who wouldn't stare! Agh. What am I gonna do if I get a boner?"

"They aren't going to notice so you should be fine!" Sudou exclaimed, while laughing and slapping Ike's back.

"Oi oi, why is everyone ganging up on me?"

Wait a second, have I just started talking naturally to Ike and the others? Not only that but the fun banter as well. Looks like this friendship really is blossoming. I felt quite good about this.

A few minutes later, the girls started to come in as well. Ike was already salivating in the mouth, and Yamauchi attempted to shuffle around a bit for some reason. Unfortunately for the 2 of them, not all the girls seemed to be swimming today.

"Professor! Where is Hasabe-san?! What's going on?! Wait, behind you!" Ike cried out.

Professor then looked back, and one by one girls started to fill out the back seats. He was in disbelief. When he looked back, Ike was slumped to the ground. It looks like the girls caught on.

"...Gross." the girls muttered to themselves. Ike was too obvious, so it wasn't a surprise that the girls already hate him even before this plan existed.

"Ike, c'mon man, get yourself together! There are still tons of girls out there for us!" Yamauchi said, comforting his friend.

When Ike rose hid head up, he saw the particular sight of Kushida.

"K-K-Kushida-chan?!"

Kushida showed up between them, in the school-issued swimsuit grabbing the attention of almost every single boy in our class, of which quickly averting their gaze afterwards.

Ahh, the weather looks so nice today... World peace truly was wonderful. The floor is made out of floor.

"Why are you staring at the ground so intently?" Horikita questioned, examining my face closely, with a suspicious look.

"I'm currently in the midst of an internal battle," I replied.

Side Note: I couldn't think of much to change with this ;-;