Vol. 2 Chapter 2.1 - The next Vice President of the Student Council

Hirata and I are walking to homeroom now. Normally we don't walk together alone, but this is quite nice having a peaceful walk like this. Also, usually we both come early before homeroom starts, but this time we are coming in a bit later than usual. Still just before homeroom starts.

I wonder if there is a water fountain nearby so that I can wash this disgusting mint ice cream taste out of my mouth.

"I am a little interested in how you were able to deduce that my relationship with Karuizawa isn't really real," Hirata asked.

"Well really it is just a matter of fact that the two of you haven't referred to each other by your first names whatsoever. Normally that wouldn't have made me too suspicious but you did seem comfortable with being on a first name basis with me. I don't really understand the whole love idea and relationships of that nature, but that was one of the few things that I learned about."

"How observant. I guess I should be more careful now," Hirata laughed to himself.

"I have been quite the loner before, so I guess that was something I picked up on. Being able to pick up on those little details is something I got used to." I said, deprecating myself.

"By the way Ayanokouji, making a bet with Horikita, knowing that you would take away all her private points was rather cruel of you," Hirata brought up. But instead of looking disappointed or apprehensive, he looked more so curious by what I did.

"Yeah, but admittedly even something like that wasn't enough. Of course, after testing Horikita, I did some extra things in the background in order to break her down, only for her to be built up once again, but stronger. It was her older brother's request for her to become a more upstanding individual after seeing how far she has fallen. Plus I got to use those points to help save Sudou so at least the points were used for a good cause,"

"I suppose that makes sense. Horikita hasn't been the nicest or cooperative one in our class. She has mistaken isolation for independence."

"Speaking of which, it might be best for you to come comfort her, and to remind her that you can be of help to her. I would imagine that her emotional state wouldn't be the best right now. She needs to know that there are those who would be willing to support her."

"Yes, I'll be sure to do that."

When we entered homeroom, everyone looked at us, with the exception of Koenji. He was minding his business per usual, appearing to be humming to himself while filing his nails. It looks like Horikita made it to school luckily. That's a relief. However, it looks like she hasn't slept all night, judging from the dark bags under her eyes.

But then Koenji put away his mirror and hair gel and stood up. Now some of the people in class D were looking at him.

"My my, if it isn't the other Vice President of the student council, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Congratulations on obtaining such an esteemed position," Koenji revealed. He then started clapping at me slowly in applause.

...

Why did he have to reveal that.

Oh well. Good thing I came prepared for this encounter. That's one of the reasons why Hirata is here with me. But it looks like Koenji still attempted this, wearing a wide grin on his face.

"W-w-w-wait, for real?!" Ike shouted out.

"C'mon, there's no way the school would allow there to be 2 Vice Presidents of the student council, right?" Yamauchi stated.

"Everyone, please don't overwhelm Kiyotaka too much." Inevitably he came to the rescue, and rather quickly at that.

"Thank you, Yousuke."