11

This Bastard is Too Competent
Chapter 11 - How To Deal With Enemies

“Huh? This?”

Ian was surprised and uncloaked the masked man’s clothes.

Both Nathan and Galon were startled at the sight.

“Prince?”

“Don’t touch him recklessly!”

However, Ian ignored them and reached out to the masked man. And what he held in his hand was an amulet that looked like a necklace.

It looked too expensive to be owned by an assassin.

Of course, Ian didn’t do this just for that reason.

‘This can’t be.’

The end of the cross-shaped amulet was cracked.

Still, the symbol of a shield and a pickaxe was exquisitely drawn on it, with a black jewel embedded in the center gleaming brightly.

Galon and Nathan were startled by the appearance of the object in Ian’s hand.

It must be an impressive thing if they knew it.

“What is that necklace?”

“Isn’t it the emblem of Marquis Bellona?”

In particular, Nathan, as a nobleman, broke in a cold sweat.

“That’s right! It’s a treasure close to the heirloom of the marquis! Could it be that the marquis was the one behind these assassins?”

But Ian narrowed his eyebrows.

‘I never thought I’d get this here.’

This item was [Amulet of the Sky].

It was one of the treasures of Marquis Bellona, ​​who was said to be the owner of the northern mines, and it was such a great item that could only be handled by the family head directly.

In particular, it was one of the keys to the succession war in the future.

‘And it’s one of the things I need more than anything else.’

However, Nathan, who was not aware of that, scrutinized the amulet’s pattern.

He had no choice but to do so.

“Could it be… Has the marquis noticed the prince’s existence already? That’s why he hired the assassins.”

The probability of it was high.

“Right now, they are pushing the Third Prince as a candidate for the throne.”

Regardless of the royal blood he had, the bastard Ian would be a thorn in his eyes.

So, of course, he would try to get rid of him.