77

Chapter 77 - You Are Here

The place Galon guided him was the lowest part of the Sapphire Palace.

No light illuminated the basement. Ian and other knights covered their noses upon smelling the foul stench.

“Is this really the place?”

“Yes, that’s right, Your Highness.”

Ian scoffed after hearing Galon’s reply.

He didn’t know there was such a basement in this gorgeous palace. And the more he went down, the more he felt uncomfortable.

‘He has a terrible personality after all.’

Ian couldn’t believe the Second Prince was hiding people in a place like this.

Still, it was certainly a place where even a rat could not escape. Far from escaping, they would be caught before then.

After descending through a number of stairs.

“!”

A peculiar wall came into view. 

It’s a smooth wall with no handles or anything, so they couldn’t even call it a door.

Galon opened his mouth as he looked at the door.

“This is what I have confirmed so far. That attendant also said she was here.”

Since Galon personally checked it, she must be here. However, Ian furrowed his brow.

“Well, I think he tricked you, Sir Galon? We can’t even open the door.”

When Ian deliberately glared at the attendant, the startled attendant trembled and opened his mouth.

“Wh, what do you mean? No way! You just need a special item to open this door…”

The attendant who said that flinched. Apparently, the attendant only intended to guide them to the place. 

It must have been by the Second Prince’s order with the least loyalty he still had.

And Ian, who deliberately lured him, fished something out with a smile. 

“Is this the special item?”

“Yes, yes?”

The attendant jolted seeing the necklace ring that Ian had taken out, but he secretly avoided his gaze.

Ian frowned.

“From now on, make sure you realize who your master is. It is also wise of you to distinguish loyalty according to time and place.”

Facing Ian’s fierce golden eyes, the attendant bowed his head immediately.