118

Chapter 118 - What Money Could and Couldn’t Do

‘Ceres ran away?’

Duke Garcia couldn’t contain his fluster.

For Garcia of Gold, this was not the first time he had solved problems like this with money.

He used to take it lightly whenever they were in trouble, let alone when they had done wrong.

But if his eldest son ran away, it became a problem.

‘Doesn’t he know that it will only make things worse?’

Attempted murder of the royal family of all crimes.

It was tricky to deal with it quietly, and it was impossible to estimate how much money he had to pour out to cover this up.

Even in this situation, the royal family’s finances were becoming stronger.

In addition to money, Garcia might have to brace himself to sacrifice quite a lot.

‘If I make a mistake, the Kaistein royal family may be able to control Garcia from now on.’

Despite the straits he was in, Duke Garcia’s face remained cold.

‘Nothing has been confirmed yet.’

Any other family could have been found guilty without a trial.

However, both Ceres and Heinley were members of the Garcia family, one of the only two ducal families in Kaistein.

There was absolutely no way it would end like this.

He only needed to use everything at his disposal as much as possible until proven guilty.

‘If necessary, appease the judge, the king, and all the witnesses with gold to acquit him.’

Seeing the Duke, Ian’s lips curled up.

‘You’ll definitely try to solve it with money again this time.’

But not even a chance.

Ian had already predicted that the Duke would make such a move.

So, he already had something prepared separately.

Sure enough.

“Your Majesty, that’s not all!”

“Huh?”

With a loud voice, the royal knight added something he had yet to report.

“Young Master Ceres—no, Ceres Garcia was a demon’s pawn!”

“Tell me the details.”

“The moment we were about to transport Ceres with Sir Galon, he turned into a black monster and ran away.”

“!”

Everyone widened their eyes in shock.