65

Chapter 65 - It’s Tiring To Be A Popular Person

“Then we can get down to business from now on.”

All eyes were on Ian’s words. They must have been taken aback by the word ‘business.’ 

Nevertheless, Ian continued with a smile.

“I heard that the reason the envoy came here was to celebrate my legitimation ceremony.”

Of course, Ian didn’t say this to ask for a congratulatory gift.

“The purpose of your visit is not limited to that, is it?”

“Of course, Your Highness.”

At Ian and the envoy’s exchange, the eyes of the successors to the throne changed in an instant.

This stinky boy dared to beat them to the punch!

‘The reason the envoy of the Cantum Empire came is because of the Northern Expedition.’

Knowing the situation in the neighboring countries, they already knew the purpose of the envoy without him saying anything. 

‘They are trying to attack the northern kingdom, Bahara.’

Bahara was a kingdom that was also bordered by Kaistein. Although it was a kingdom, it was actually invaders that were no different from barbarians. As such, the neighboring countries were suffering, and recently, Bahara had taken excessive action against such countries.

Thus, it was clear that the envoy would have come to ask Kaistein to work in the Northern Expedition this time as well.

But this fact had not yet been made public. 

‘Did the dukes tell the youngest?’

The successors couldn’t stop themselves from glaring at Lavaltor and Garcia.

And there was one reason why they reacted so sensitively.

‘This Northern Expedition is very likely to be the competition mission.’

The king had not yet brought up the competition in detail, but according to words going around, there would be several themes for the competition. 

One of them was <Land>.

The land, which was the basis for bestowing a title, was the power of the royal authority and the power of the nobility. 

However, the land was limited. Currently, there was not much land owned by the royal family in Kaistein.

But what if the land owned by the royal family increased?

‘Obtaining the land of Bahara strengthens the royal power to that extent.’

As the number of titles or lands that could be granted increased, it could dominate the nobles.

That didn’t imply that the royal authority was weak now, but it certainly deserved to come out as the competition mission to select a king.