37

Chapter 37 - The End of The Legitimation Ceremony

“Therefore, I implore you, Your Majesty, to judge which of us here has the best!”

Everyone was surprised at the First Princess’s cry.

Probably because they never expected the First Princess to come out like that at this time.

However, the First Princess slowly and formally approached and bowed down.

“I’m sorry, Your Majesty. I’ll take any punishment for this, but for now, I have something to tell you as the first princess of Kaistein.”

The king looked at the First Princess with interest. Her act was disgraceful, but his daughter could not have done this simply for the sake of rebelling.

So, he was willing to listen.

“All right, tell me. Instead, you will have to take serious responsibility for breaking the sacred legitimation ceremony atmosphere.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Also, for being rude to your youngest brother. That will also be severely punished.”

“…!”

The First Princess flinched for a moment at those words. She peered at Ian, biting her lips so slightly that no one would notice.

Her father must have liked Ian.

The king smiled as if he had sensed her killing intent.

“Then, tell me now.”

The First Princess said without wavering at all.

“I’m sorry, but as far as I am aware, the <Trial> of the royal family who entered the treasury will be completed only when the value of the brought items is evaluated.”

“Is that so?”

“The Seventh Prince has performed his <Trial> through the legitimation ceremony of the royal family, then, shouldn’t the legitimation ceremony also end according to the tradition of <Trial>?”

“Oh.”

“Of course, there is no denying the fact that the Seventh Prince is the descendant of the great Your Majesty, and we are also ready to welcome our brother as a member of the royal family. However, why not proceed with an evaluation apart from it?”

“I believe there was no reason to do it.”

The First Princess said as if she had been waiting.

“Not only did he get the once-in-the-lifetime opportunity to receive the grace of Your Majesty earlier than anyone else, but you also made an exception in the legitimation ceremony that all the other brothers could not avoid. From the perspective of fellow successors, we, who have always looked up to Your Majesty, are disappointed that such a privilege was given only to the youngest. Please reconsider it for the sake of Your Majesty’s other loyal subjects, not just Garcia.”