16

Chapter 16 - Well-Received

“What do you think? Will you give him to me?”

The Duke was speechless at Ian’s confident voice.

Who wanted whom now?

“Are you out of your mind? You want me to give you a knight instead of a soldier?”

The Duke’s voice naturally became harsh.

Needless to say, giving Galon, who was not just a mere knight but was capable enough to be called one of the Three Great Knights of the Continent, to be the prince’s escort?

‘If it weren’t for me, wouldn’t you have stayed living as a serf in a rural village?’

It was Ian who had not yet been officially acknowledged as a prince.

To be honest, there would be no problem if the Duke ordered Galon to kill him out of annoyance.

For a moment, an ominous thought rose from the bottom of the Duke’s heart.

‘Should I kill this brat?’

But that feeling quickly disappeared.

It was only natural.

‘The First Prince is dead. Now, he is the most important horse for the succession war.’

No matter how wealthy a duke was, if the monarchy changed, damage was bound to happen. To make matters worse, the closest candidate for the successor position was the Second Prince, which was backed by the family of the kingdom’s second duke, the rival of Duke Garcia. Lavaltor of Might.

At least, all the guardians of the other successors had been decided.

For now, instead of killing this lowly bastard, his priority was to appease him. Yes, it should be enough with a few words.

“I’m sorry, but I think that will be difficult. Sir Galon is supposed to be in charge of…”

“I heard there’s none.”

“!”

The Duke stared at Ian.

Ian smiled brightly.

“Didn’t you assign him to bring someone like me from the countryside? If you’re going to make him do odd missions like that, why not just give him to me?”

“!?”

The Duke was speechless.

He turned his eyes and looked at Galon, but.

“…”

Galon had his head bowed without saying a word. It was the evidence that Ian’s words were not wrong.

The Duke was dumbfounded.

“I sent him there because I believed him the most.”