92

Chapter 92 - There Is A Way

“Please save me, Your Highness!”

Heinley’s expression was really desperate.

It must be so.

He knew his father, Duke Garcia, and assassins in the shadows he didn’t even know were after him.

Unless he was an idiot, there was no way he wasn’t aware that his life was in danger.

No, actually, that might be Duke Garcia’s last mercy.

‘At least he won’t make him others’ laughingstock.’

However, Heinley still did not seem to fully grasp it.

‘Why on earth would Duke Garcia do such a thing?’

But Ian knew.

Because Duke Garcia did the same thing in his previous life.

Of course it wasn’t Heinley back then.

It’s Duchess Garcia.

She had to lose her life at Duke Garcia’s trick. No, she died on the guillotine.

Duke Garcia could not have discarded Heinley if he was the eldest son of the family or the beholder of Faith like Karan.

‘But Heinley doesn’t have that power.’

Naturally, there was no way he could escape the Duke’s grasp, let alone run away. He really had nothing but what Garcia had given him.

Actually, he knew this would happen, so he also had the wife under watch.

It was a little surprising that it became Heinley this time. But that wasn’t the point.

So, Ian asked Heinley.

“Why do you think Duke Garcia did that?”

“!?”

Heinley was perplexed.

“Honestly… I have no idea. I haven’t let my father down since that time.”

By ‘that time,’ it would have been that incident with Ian. It’s the shameful memory of having his head banged to the ground in front of everyone. 

But Ian smiled.

“You are a peace offering.”

“What is that…”

Heinley’s face crumpled.

He couldn’t wrap his head around what Ian was saying.

“Who do you think will be the first to know that you’re in cahoots with the enemy? It’s Garcia. He’ll pin his sins on you, and then he’ll kill you and pretend to know nothing, and he’ll give me a peace offering.”

“That’s ridiculous…” 

Bad blood with Ian.