83

Chapter 83 - Special Present

Ian headed underground with only the knights. The soldiers were told to guard the entrance. But, as he went down the underground passage, a smirk broke out on his face.

He couldn’t help it.

‘An underground in a secret passage every time. It’s really amusing.’

But he didn’t let his guard down. 

It was because he knew about the scheme the people here were cooking up. 

‘They were kidnapping the residents and injecting a plague.’

It wasn’t just any plague either. 

A new virus of unidentifiable source and unknown cure. 

It was a plague that even caused a bizarre phenomenon.

The problem was that it spread to Lavaltor. And due to the unprecedented plague, Lavaltor duchy was completely devastated.

Thanks to that, there was no one to stop Duke Garcia.

‘That was the biggest problem.’

Of course, there were many successors and noble families keeping Garcia in check. 

But when there was no one to oppose him openly, Duke Garcia began to extensively build up his power in earnest. Then an all-out war broke out, which set Kaistein ablaze.

It practically started because of what was happening in this village.

‘Anyway, this incident was said to be the doing of a rural aristocrat who wasn’t even affiliated with a proper faction.’

He heard that it was a scheme done by an aristocrat of a poor power to try to make a living.

In fact, his plan was somewhat successful. 

He was able to rake in a huge amount of money with the antidote he prepared in advance.

Of course, later his deed of toying with people’s lives was revealed, and he was thus beheaded. That was only after Lavaltor was devastated.

But this time, Ian would definitely stop it before it happened.

After going down for a long time.

“&$%%$#%$#”

They heard someone’s voice at the end of the passage.

Nathan, who was leading the way, hurriedly raised his hand.

Chuck!

Everyone quickly stuck to the wall. They moved slowly, looking very tense.

Then Ian listened to the voice he heard.

Thanks to Faith, unlike others, he could hear the voice inside very vividly.

“How far has the work progressed?”

“About three…”

“What? That’s less than half the target! It’s too late! There are the Seventh Prince and the crown prince of the Cantum Empire up there now.”