90

Chapter 90 - Was It A Coincidence?

The First Princess had a puzzled expression upon recognizing the person who raised their hand. No, not just her, but everyone here.

It was no wonder.

“Anne? Are you out of your mind?”

Because the person who raised their hand was none other than the Second Princess.

With her gorgeous appearance, sociability, and political power, she deserved to be called the queen of high society. She was more cultured and elegant than any young lady. 

The nobles around her were surprised and tried to make her change her mind.

“No, why, Second Princess?”

“Are you really going to follow Prince Ian?”

Everyone failed to understand.

The same was true for Ian.

“You want to go with me, sister?”

Ian raised the corners of his mouth.

“You’re not coming to get in my way, are you?”

“If you’re worried, I’ll leave the soldiers behind and go alone.”

“The Northern Expedition is a competition mission. You know you will be at a disadvantage if you join me, right? The moment you come under me, all the credit will be mine.”

“Of course.”

“But…” 

“If I or any of my men harm you, I will take responsibility and resign from the competition.”

“!”

Resignation of the competition. Those words stirred up the aristocrats who followed the Second Princess.

It was also a warning to others not to touch Ian.

However, the Second Princess did not seem to care.

Instead, she said this with a nonchalant expression as if it was natural.

“I just felt that the path you chose could minimize the damage to Kaistein. At least if I help.”

“!”

Ian looked at the Second Princess with interest.

‘In my previous life, she chose the river. And she didn’t fight properly.’

It could be that she wasn’t interested in the Northern Expedition.

And she might have noticed something.

The cooperation of the First Princess and the crown prince, and what would happen if the Northern Expedition was dragged out and Kaistein’s forces were weakened.