19

Chapter 19 - Wipe Your Neck Well and Sit Tight

[What’s this sound? Hey, did something happen? Have you taken care of that younger brother who came out of nowhere?]

The communication tool rolled exactly to Ian’s feet.

However, for Ian, the voice coming from there was more important than the communication tool.

‘Ah. I thought you were Duke Lavaltor’s assassin. Is he the culprit?’

Ian smirked as if it was ridiculous. Because he knew well whose voice this was as soon as he heard it.

How could he not know?

‘This madman has been trying to kill me ever since.’

Alberto Kaistein.

The second prince, and also Ian’s older brother.

At the same time, he was the prince fully supported by Duke Lavaltor and was now the man closest to the throne.

‘No, he is only close.’

One of the two dukes of the kingdom, Lavaltor, was his guardian.

Thanks to his authority and halo, there was nobody, be it nobles or commoners, who did not know his name.

After the death of the First Prince, who was the closest to the throne, there was no doubt that Alberto would succeed the crown prince position.

But Ian knew better.

‘He is a mad tyrant.’

With the face of a saint, he was a man more ferocious than anyone else.

In fact, there were others who were closer to the throne and more difficult to take on.

Of course, that didn’t mean that the Second Prince was an easy man.

‘It’s not like he was chosen by Lavaltor for nothing. He’s the most dangerous guy at the moment.’

Most who inherited the bloodline of Kaistein, the kingdom of swordsmanship, were excellent in combat skills.

Among the royal family members, the Second Prince was such a valiant fighter to the extent that he was favored by Lavaltor of Might.

That said, he had been sending assassins to this brother of his since then.

‘Perhaps the sneak attack in the future was not done per Duke Lavaltor’s will, but by the prince’s personal assassin.’

There was a vast difference.

Lavaltor was a military family that moved through the code of chivalry based on the iron rules.

T/N : For more information, you can visit this Link about the iron rules.

He extremely abhorred being out of those rules.

Ian actually did not know it at that time, but later he found it strange.

That such a great family raised filthy and deadly assassins.