36

This Bastard is Too Competent
Chapter 36 - What I Brought

“Get out of the way! It’s coming!”

“Pardon? It’s coming… What do you m—”

Right at that moment.

BOOM!!

The three-headed hound that was chasing Ian stuck its head out of the gate. But the monster wasn’t in good shape either.

Its body was bleeding all over after fighting Ian. One of the three heads even seemed to be missing one eye.

Some fainthearted aristocrats and young ladies passed out on the spot at its hideous appearance.

“Kyaaaaa!!”

“Wh-what’s that monster? What’s going on here?”

“Guard! Where’s the guard! Get rid of that monster!”

But the royal family was different.

They knew exactly what Ian was doing.

‘You have been fighting against the gatekeeper?’

‘One of the monsters that the First King signed a contract with?’

Of course, it looked a little different from the monster they knew. All the brothers challenged the [Tomb of Sword].

But at least they knew precisely what the monsters in the treasury were like.

From a young age, they grew up hearing that it was a monster they could never stand a chance fighting.

‘That idiot, I can’t believe you’re going against such a thing!’

However, unlike the others, King Eloin’s eyes lit up with interest.

His gaze landed on the blood flowing from the monster’s eye.

‘No wonder you asked to bring the sword. You managed to survive against it.’

Rather, it was a look of satisfaction.

He couldn’t help but do so. It was because the king knew the monster the best, though no one else knew it.

The [Sword of Dawn] handed down from generation to generation by the king of Kaistein.

That’s the key to dealing with them.

‘That was the contract between them and the First King. Those who have the [Sword of Dawn] will never be attacked, and the monsters will be appeased.’

But the king didn’t expect Ian to bring that fellow out.

The most ferocious, feisty, and uncontrollable young bastard inside.

The wild monster was going berserk as it stormed out of the gate that it even attacked King Eloin.

Bang!