56

Chapter 56 - Never Imagined That

“What? Adelas, you’re going to help the prince?”

Duke Garcia burst into a laugh as if it was absurd. 

It was inevitable.

“Are you serious? Aren’t you the one who has been trying so hard to get him to fall out of the test?”

But Marquis Adelas only smiled.

Unlike Garcia, who was like a frosty flame, and Lavaltor, who radiated the aura of a chivalrous man, Marquis Adelas gave off the impression of a cunning merchant.

Sure enough.

“It’s not good to see the world in black and white only, Your Grace. Yesterday’s enemy can be today’s friend.”

“Friends?”

Duke Garcia stared at the marquis with disgust.

Because he knew what Adelas usually did.

Marquis Adelas practically smiled like a serpent with a face resembling Nathan.

“My friend. The land the prince received is close to mine. Aren’t neighbors supposed to help each other?”

“Do you mean it?”

“Yes. My son also serves His Highness, so there is no reason why I can’t be of service to him.”

“!”

In fact, Marquis Adelas was confident.

Although it wasn’t as good as the two dukes, Adelas’ power was considerably greater than others.

It was not easy for the Seventh Prince to shake off their hands. No, it was better to reject them.

Adelas would be able to use that reason to bring together the minds of the nobles below.

The Seventh Prince had no intention of accepting them, after all.

He would be better off not worrying about the prince anymore and focusing on serving the First Princess instead.

But if Ian took their hand…

Seeing Adelas’ smile, Garcia raised a corner of his lips in displeasure.

However, Ian smiled really brightly.

“Nice words. Yesterday’s enemy is today’s friend. Do you have anything you want from me?”

“It’s nothing big, but if you don’t mind my help, I’d like to get the right to develop one of Your Highness’ properties.”

“Which area? It has been less than a day since I received the land.”

“It’s a small coal mine called Balaran in the north. I want the right to develop it, Your Highness.”