120

Chapter 120 - Why Did You Do That To Me

Anger flashed across King Eloin’s countenance after hearing the chamberlain’s words.

It was inevitable.

“What? He can’t come?”

The refusal of the Fifth Prince, who became cardinal, to enter.

More precisely, he declared that he would not listen to the order until the king granted his proposal.

Faced with the king’s enraged expression, the chamberlain, who also served as the messenger, explained while breaking into a cold sweat.

“That’s not it, Your Majesty. There are still many of your sick subjects, so please give His Highness a little time…”

“It means the same thing, doesn’t it?”

“But that’s…”

The chamberlain sweated profusely under the king’s cold gaze.

Because he had no excuse.

It was no wonder.

The current status of the Fifth Prince was cardinal of the Holy Empire.

‘Things will turn sour if we get into trouble with the Holy Empire for no reason…’

Furthermore, the cardinal couldn’t come for no other reason than to heal the people.

There was not even enough justification to stop it.

Seeing the chamberlain in a fluster, the ministers stepped forward.

“Please understand the chamberlain’s situation, Your Majesty. We cannot simply disregard the Holy Empire.”

“Hmm…”

King Eloin was also well aware of this.

His anger was merely a temporary reaction to his child’s obvious scheme.

He understood very well what the Holy Empire represented.

While it might be considered a realm rather than a sovereign kingdom, it held a status that surpassed any other kingdom on the continent.

The reason was simple.

“As Your Majesty knows, the Holy Empire was founded by a priest who defeated demons in the past. They have no interest in continental interests or hegemony.”

“That’s right. As an empire that solely focuses on demons and people suffering, it is an empire recognized by all the nations on the continent.”

“If Your Majesty goes against the significance of the Holy Empire, you could become a public enemy of the whole continent.”

King Eloin had one thing troubling him.

‘Even if he is my son, to have the cardinal of the Holy Empire refuse to enter the palace and stay by the people…’