50

Chapter 50 - This Uncle?

Two men were sent by King Eloin and Marquis Adelas.

T/N : Starting now, Marquis Adeles will be changed into Adelas. A little correction.

And it was an unexpected man who came to Ian now.

“Ugh. He is the grand scholar.”

Karan grimaced at the face of the old man who had entered.

The grand scholar.

The man referred to as the wisest sage in Gratunias, or perhaps in Kaistein, visited Ian at the king’s command. In fact, he was a hard-to-see figure even to the high-ranking nobles.

That was why everyone was surprised to see him, but Ian only smiled. 

‘Whether or not I will be supported by this person is also very important.’

However, the grand scholar did not seem pleased seeing Ian.

Hence.

“Welcome, grand scholar.”

Ian greeted him and gestured to have a seat, but the old man ignored him and even looked very discontented. 

“Hmm… Didn’t Your Highness kick out all the sons of other noble families?”

“Rather than kicking them out, I told them they had nothing to teach me.”

At those words, the grand scholar’s expression turned grave even more.

“What a strange thing. One of them must have been a child who passed the Academy in second place and decided to enter Gratunias.”

The grand scholar squinted his eyes distastefully.

If it weren’t for the royal family, Ian wouldn’t have been able to take such a class, but from the look on his face, he was wondering why he kicked them out.

Yet, Ian just smiled and beckoned to Karan.

“Young Master Karan, the grand scholar has come, why don’t you bring out the tea?”

“Ah.”

“Bring the tea I mentioned last time.”

“What? That?”

Karan had a hopeless look on his face.

Why did he want him to bring it? 

However, seeing Ian’s threatening eyes, Karan eventually turned around.

The grand scholar eyed Karan as if looking at a troublemaker.

“I can’t believe Garcia’s third son was working as a servant all the time.”