33

Chapter 33 - Crossroads

“I will prove it.”

Ian’s words put silence inside the ceremony hall.

It was a silent commotion.

The nobles looked at each other in amusement, and the royals seemed to be perplexed as well.

But the king’s eyes squinted in interest. For the first time since entering the ceremony hall, his eyes were directed at Ian.

It was unknown what he was thinking at the same time.

“Bring out that thing.”

“Yes.”

Six attendants moved at the king’s order. It was to bring something.

The ceremony hall turned a little noisy.

Each of them was holding a square box.

Ian flinched at the six boxes.

‘Don’t tell me that’s…’

Ian had only heard of it, but this was the first time he had seen it in person.

Because what’s inside was…

“These are treasures handed down to the royal family.”

These were items temporarily lent for the trial.

The chamberlain slowly opened the boxes one by one.

“This bracelet will strengthen your body like a rock.”

[Petrified Skin Bracelet] had brown jewels studded in it.

This could only last for three minutes, but it was useful to break through the traps within the trial.

In addition to that, there were [Small Subspace Ring] that could keep food or general items and [Windwalk Boots] that allowed him to run in the air.

Lastly, [Magic Nullification Shield] and [Protective Earrings].

They were magic tools that looked great just at a glance.

But most of all, the most surprising thing was the last item.

“This robe is a magic tool that erases the wearer’s figure and presence.”

The so-called [Invisibility Cloak] was a very thin robe that swayed in the wind.

And it shrouded the wearer so well that even the monster gatekeeper in the trial would not notice.

The chamberlain smiled at the surprised Ian.

“Your Highness might need some help, so His Majesty has prepared a gift in advance.”

“Gift? How about other brothers and sisters?”

“Others have received it as well, but the items are a little different. Unlike the others, Seventh Prince, you have no one who can save you.”

Ian flinched.

A king who prepared a gift for the trial.

He pondered about King Eloin again.

‘Of course, it’s not something he will just give away.’

As Ian approached the items while looking at the king, the chamberlain interjected.

“Before that, Your Highness the Seventh Prince, there’s something you should know.”

“What’s it?”

“You are only allowed to bring one magic tool into the treasury. If you choose one, you cannot bring any other magic tools.”