𝙊𝙉𝙀

THE FIRST SNOWFALL .

JISOO can't quite recall how he ended up here. Stranded, and all alone. For the fourth time that week. You would think he would be used to it by now. Constantly getting stood up by his longtime crush, yet somehow love always managed to blind him in the end. Sometimes he wished he wasn't so gullible. That he would be able to say, 'you know what Jisoo, enough is enough!' but no matter how hard he attempted, how could he ever bring himself to leave behind that smile? That grin that always managed to light up his entire universe. The way his eyes would disappear into it, and how he always managed to clap and lean while he laughed. Or perhaps it was that smile's personality. The positivity that never seemed to fade. The way he would go out of his way to make sure everyone he met received a warm greeting. Or even how everyone's mood would change from being glum to overindulged in sudden joy. That was what Jisoo loved most about SEOKMIN.

Although Jisoo was one who preferred to stay out of the spotlight, somehow Seokmin would make the sudden attention worth it. Even if Jisoo himself knew deep down they would never be together, the small part of hope always led him to believe that it would happen.

. . .

So where was he now?

Where was Seokmin?

Why didn't he show up? Why did he never show up no matter how hard Jisoo tried to get his attention, or even move his status from 'just a friend ' to something more. Perhaps Jisoo always knew Seokmin would never see him romantically.

Ever since that day in the corridor, when Jisoo would wait for him at their lockers like he usually would, if only he hadn't stayed behind after class ended that day to finish a test. Maybe the words wouldn't have hurt so much. Maybe Jisoo wouldn't have felt so bad. Maybe, his heart wouldn't have that first crack that threatened to shatter the whole thing. If only he stayed just a little longer, making the minutes pass by faster, maybe if he took his time to walk to the lockers he wouldn't have had to hear those words.

" Oh, Jisoo? No, he's just a friend ! "

he's just a friend !

he's just a friend . . .

he's

just

a

friend .

. . .

" I am so sorry Jisoo! I have to cancel our plans again..Seungkwan wanted to go over rehearsals another time since we perform this weekend. Maybe we can take a raincheck, okay? "

Jisoo smiled, nodding although it had just clicked that the ladder wouldn't have been able to see it through the phone. "Yeah, that's okay Min-ah." Jisoo paused, sighing softly, "I hope you guys do well, I'm looking forward to seeing it!"

"Thank you! Me too-oh-I have to go now-don't forget to use your umbrella! I heard it's going to rain soon if it hasn't already-Seokmin hurry up!-right-hehe, bye hyung!" Jisoo hummed in response, looking up towards the sky as a single splash of water fell down his cheek. What great timing. He shoved his hands into his coat pocket, closing his eyes as more water droplets started to pour down, his clothes getting soaked in the process. He looked down towards the bag that hung on his wrist, filled with a variety of snacks along with small goodies, whispering softly enough to hear a crack in his voice, he smiled once more,

"Happy birthday to me."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*