𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

PHOTOSHOOT .

THE first time Jisoo picked up a camera was when he was seventeen. A junior in high school who happened to be placed in photography as an extracurricular since Band was full. Jisoo wanted to complain at first, he didn't see the appeal in taking photos of the sky or rocks on the ground, in fact he thought it was quite boring, at least you would be occupied with music and had a new piece to learn every now and then.

He wasn't allowed to transfer out until two weeks passed, seeing as most students would switch their electives in the beginning of school if they had issues with it or were misplaced in one that wasn't any of their original three choices.

So, Jisoo put up with it, keeping his thoughts on the subject to himself rather than causing a scene to his mother or anyone else for that matter. Not like anyone would care what he thought anyway.

It helped when his teacher, Ms. Jang encouraged him to breach out for his assignments. She taught him new materials to add to his piece, showed him different styles of photography he never knew existed.

Ms. Jang was the first person who told Jisoo to have fun. She wanted to see who he was as an artist, as a person behind the art. There would be no judgment, no remarks as to what he did wrong. It was simply a creativity assignment, something that would be enough to satisfy the individual behind the piece.

Jisoo was able to be his own person for once.

Through the world of photography, he could express himself like he never could before.

The main thing he enjoyed most of all, was that his mother wouldn't understand what he was saying. She wasn't an artist, in fact she was always a business woman, someone who was blinded by her own thirst for success. That same success who made her own child a stranger in her eyes.

When time came for Ms. Jang to recommend Jisoo to a photography class over the summer he accepted it without a doubt. It was the one thing he had to help him break through the lonesome thoughts that ran through his head.

Ms. Jang even gifted him her old camera set for his eighteenth birthday as well as a graduation present, one that is now kept in a case on his shelf, "I expect you to put it to good use Jisoo. One day I hope to have one of your photos on my walls." That was what she said that day as their last goodbye, someone Jisoo would always remember.

The one he uses now is what both Mingyu and Minghao gave him as a birthday present last year, the two saved up enough money to split it evenly, with Mingyu's job at the cafe and Minghao's tutoring they happened to save just enough at the right time, it was the camera Jisoo loves the most in this world. The first picture he ever took with it was a photo of the three of them crowded in a photo booth, holding up the photo strips as they recreated one of the pictures on it for his camera. Jisoo still smiles to himself thinking about that day, Minghao and Mingyu truly were his saviours.

To Jisoo, every picture can tell a story, there's a past behind it, if it's captured just right, the viewer would be able to feel the emotion the photographer tried to incorporate.

He preferred black and white photos. Something about the way they contrasted always looked appealing to him. Sometimes they can be lively, beautiful while other times they can be full of pain and dull, almost emotionless. Jisoo always thought those photos captured his feelings the best.

Every photo looked empty, like it was lost. Most of the pictures were taken in abandoned settings, others focused more on the sky, the view that overlooked the city. Jisoo's favorite, one he didn't realize he took often, was a male all alone, though he was in a crowded area with people passing by, he just stood there. The focus only on him as the rest of the world around him blurred, as if he was the only one stuck in time.