𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀

GOODBYES .

THE bond between mother and son has always been special. A connection so irreplaceable that most wouldn't dare give up. Holding the strongest power equipped with a mothers love. And it's given to have more emotional attachment than with anyone else. If something were to happen to this bond, one small slip up, it would cause a shift between both parties, a thing that can either heal or cause destruction.

The bridge between mother and child has always been strong and full of reliability. 

So what would happen if the so-called bridge were to snap? Leaving everything on it to slowly fall deep into catastrophe. The only hope left would be the small part of the bridge that was still intact, refusing to let go.

Eventually, however, it wouldn't be able to handle the excessive weight.

The only choice left was for it to snap.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

HE dreaded today the most. He didn't want to be there, he didn't want to go home. He only wanted to forget, to keep living in this dream of his. Shortly after he made his decision, right before their date, Jisoo received a message from someone he thought he would never hear from again, and he felt terrified.

Perhaps if he went to school he would once again escape facing reality. He didn't know after six years he would still be affected by her tormenting. Yet here he was, obeying quietly like the perfect son he always wished to be. 

. . .

unknown number 
Jisoo. Have you been well? I heard you're in college now, I hope you've been doing well academically, that'd be a shame if you gave up on it all considering how far we've come.

I’m coming home in two weeks for a business trip. I apologize, I've
been gone for so long.

You better be at the house to greet me when I get there. After all, it is still our home.

Take Care, I expect to see you soon.

. . .

When time came for him to tell Minghao and Mingyu he could no longer hangout because his mother was visiting, they understood. It was always a sensitive topic, but they never knew why and didn't want to push to find the answer further. If they had known the outcome would be what they were witnessing now, they would have never kept their distance. 

Jisoo had been quieter than before recently, ever since that day. It was noticed by them both, even Seokmin, but the person who was affected by it the most was Seungcheol. He couldn't help but think he may have done something wrong that led to their departure. Seeing Jisoo act more distant and colder than before made his overthinking worse.  

The strangest part about the whole ordeal was that he even avoided his best friends as well. Whenever he had seen the trio they would always be happily joking around and fighting, never leaving each other's side. At least two of them would be attempting to bother the other, but now they were separated.

Or at least, Jisoo was separated from them. Seungcheol happened to be in the corner of the room with his classmate, supposedly doing what looked like helping finish their project, but he found his eyes glued to the sight in front of him. 

Mingyu and Minghao were glued to each other's side, hushed whispering between the two as they continuously shared worried glances at the blonde who was across the room from them working with his own partner. Jisoo looked like he hadn't slept in days, weeks at most, and maybe it was the truth. The last time they hung out was two weeks ago, before things changed. Before he changed. 

When his eyes moved from the pair onto Jisoo he froze, because he was looking right at him. Almost like he was trying to communicate. He had dark eye bags under his eyes, his face had begun to look pale, and he wasn't sure if Jisoo attempted to eat at all. He looked dead. And that scared Seungcheol most of all. What are you trying to say Jisoo? 

No matter how hard he tried to understand the look in his eyes as he did many times before, Seungcheol had finally been defeated. He couldn't focus properly seeing the male so unhealthy.

A part of Jisoo knew that as well, and for once the blonde was the first to break eye contact moving his gaze downward and out the window. 

. . .

Jisoo knew he had hurt them. It was what he always did best, intentional or not, it always ended up that way. But it would have been easier if they kept away, if they kept their distance to prevent his hurt from spreading onto them. Even if it meant they would hate him for as long as it took.

He had called things off with Seungcheol, his brightest star and left him with nothing. He stopped answering Minghao and Mingyu's texts, even shutting his phone off altogether. Jisoo avoided them like the plague, even Seokmin who managed to find him every day after school. He didn't even give him the chance to speak, simply glanced at him before walking away.

Maybe escaping was what he hoped for most. When his eyes met Seungcheols, who was searching for any sign of the Jisoo he knew two weeks ago, Jisoo was longing for that feeling he felt whenever the latter was around. 

Please help me. 

I don't want to go home. 

I can't handle it anymore.

. . .

He knew it was unfair of him to yearn.

Yet he couldn't fight the feeling of expectations inside his body whenever he looked at him. But it was unfair to be hopeful when he was the one who ended things.

His heart full of hope, yet his eyes were deadly and cold.

Would it be so bad to look for his savior?

Seungcheol, the one who helped him heal.

Seungcheol, who wouldn't be able to help him get away.

It was different this time. Jisoo knew it just as well as Seungcheol, because for once Jisoo had managed to fool the one person who could always see straight through him. His pleadings weren't heard like they were before, and the rest of his hope had fled.

Now all he could do was survive like many times before.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

HIS heart was racing, even now as he stood in front of his childhood home, his hand shook as he attempted to turn the doorknob. Why was it so hard to just enter?

He could feel his anxiety heightening, as he scratched at his throat, afraid to even swallow. Was this really surviving? He asked himself, noticing just how bad he struggled to open a single door.

Then it hit him, this rush of lightheadedness. It would be the first time he'd reunite with his mother. Just how far would she go to push him to his breaking point? How long was her tormenting that left him in this state?

He sharply sucked in a breath, recalling how he felt in the past.

"I'm scared." Young Jisoo said as he hid from his mother down the hall.

"Why am I so scared?" Jisoo whispered, before walking through the gate of his own personal hell.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

it was either this or 3000+ chaps from now on...

y'all im struggling sm to write on a phone its crazy 💀💀 like i do all my drafts in my notes then transfer to two other places i miss my computer 😭😭

i've come to the point where i want to get dream done and over with so i could put my attention onto other works so i'm going to try my best to do frequent updates !

have a great night/day/afternoon <3