𝙎𝙄𝙓

PUZZLE PIECE .

THERE are many pieces to a puzzle, it doesn't require much skill to complete it. However, depending on the amount of pieces, it would take a while to set up the entire picture. Some start with the corners, then create the edge around the picture, others start from the middle, some go by color, or even small details contained within the entire piece. Sometimes, the puzzle never gets completed, that's the sad truth, because most people usually give up after endless hours of trying to find what they are missing, wearing down their patience levels altogether.

The thing about puzzles though is that with every piece placed in, comes a new part of the story. Motivating the person behind the picture to continue searching for that missing piece. But over time, there are some pieces that never get found. It may be days, weeks, months, or even years later, some stay hidden, while others begin to fade away, being completely forgotten. Thrown away once it no longer seems to have use, once the piece no longer has meaning to exist.

A puzzle piece can have many objectives, completing the story, helping people come together, proving that things of all shapes and sizes can truly fit together.

Why were people any different?

Jisoo questioned this the most, what made others feel the need to be judgemental? Why were some considered different from ones considered normal? It just didn't make sense. He often compared life to that of a puzzle. Because he, himself, and those around him are simply pieces finding a place to complete the story. He never considered himself to be the good kind, the wanted kind. In fact, Jisoo knew he was one of the forgotten, the ones who show up randomly and get thrown away once they show no beneficial use.

You could say it was like a game of chess, but the male had never been fond of fighting over pieces on a board. It was why he loved puzzles more, it was peaceful and quiet, you didn't need others to help complete it, and it gave Jisoo the skill of knowing where he belonged. It was why Jisoo wasn't as surprised to see his mother gone. She was the piece that found where she belonged, and he was the one thrown away.

It's become a habit of his, he'd like to say, being the person who people go to for help, and discard him like a piece of trash after they're done with him. He was always used to it. It was why he never wanted to get close to someone ever again. Out of fear they would hurt him, both mentally and physically, just like his mother. The past he could never escape.

It was why Jisoo was never able to know what love was like. The kind of love he had received as a child was the only kind he ever knew. The yelling, the constant crying, the fear that overtook his senses as soon as he heard the front door open and close with a loud slam. Because he knew whatever he did to make up for the mistakes he was blamed for, it was never good enough to be considered worthy of her son. It was why Jisoo hated his hair most of all, every color was never good enough for her, even the pastel blue, which was her favorite, somehow made her angrier with every pull she made. Some days Jisoo wouldn't even bother eating out of fear she would find some way to be disgusted with the way he ate too. She was the reason why Jisoo jumped at the slightest touch, the loudest noise. She was the reason why Jisoo refused to dye his hair ever again. Why each time he looked at his perfect marks on a test, or had managed to gain the perfect report card, he was disgusted at the sight. He hated the effect she still had on him. Yet, he always tried his hardest to be perfect like the way she wanted, and it was never good enough.

Jisoo was the broken piece, the one with the fold that would ruin the entire image.

And Seungcheol was the tape needed to put it back together.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"WHAT are we doing here Seungcheol?" Seungcheol gave Jisoo a puzzled look, tilting his head as he looked from Jisoo to the arcade right in front of the two. "I'm taking you to the arcade?.." Jisoo sighed, "I can see that, I just wanted to know why." Seungcheol grinned once more, rocking back and forth on his heels, "We said we would go out today didn't we?" Now it was Jisoo's turn to look confused, "I never agreed to that." The older shook his head, "of course you did! With Sookim or whatever his name was." grabbing the male's hand once more, making Jisoo turn red all over again, "y-you have to stop holding my hand! And it's Seokmin!"

"Awh c'mon Soo, you can't get shy on me already, this isn't even our official date yet!" Jisoo's eyes widened at this, "date?!" Seungcheol hummed, looking around, "yeah, this is just a...hangout? Yeah. A friendly hangout. Now where do you want to go first?" Seungcheol chuckled, paying the woman at the front desk for two game cards, holding onto them both while walking around the giant building. "I don't know..I've never been here before." Jisoo mumbled, glancing at all the bright signs that surrounded each game, his eyes lit up, perhaps it was the inner child in him wanting to come out. "You've never been to an arcade?" The elder replied, turning around to catch a glimpse of Jisoo.

He raised an eyebrow, the yelling of a family who had just praised their son for winning a 'jackpot' on one of the games had gained their attention. Jisoo had been staring at the boy for a long time, much longer than he'd have to admit, and he felt awfully bad about it because he had missed what Seungcheol said. The woman who hugged her son tightly, laughing, and smiling brightly had left him feeling empty. Almost enough to bring him to tears, almost. "-isoo?" Seungcheol called out, snapping in front of Jisoo's face, "thought I lost you for a second, you were staring at that family for too long, it looked like you were a creep." Seungcheol chuckled, noticing the way Jisoo had become teary-eyed, his demeanor more upsetting than before. "C'mon Soo, let's play a game."

"Are you sure I'm doing this right?" Jisoo asked, fingers held tightly onto the air hockey pusher, "the circle keeps going into my thing! Shouldn't it be going into yours?!" Jisoo grumbled, trying his best to score the puck into Seungcheols end of the table, however it kept bouncing back to his side. This of course made Seungcheol giggle, "of course you are! You get more points that way!" And Seungcheol was right, but it wasn't Jisoo that was gaining the points, in fact the game was now three to fifteen, five more and Seungcheol would win, he could thank Jisoo's gullibility and clumsiness for that.

Jisoo had only found out after Seungcheol called out, "yeah! victory is mine!"

Now Seungcheol was dealing with a pouty Jisoo, but it was totally worth it in his opinion. How else could he have seen this new side of the brunette? And he was loving every second.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

◞✿ adri's check-ins ~

Hi :))

this is mainly a filler chap that I had been working on for a while

I couldn't wait any longer to publish when it's just been staring at me so 👁👄👁

finals week is almost over ! I have my playing
test for piano tomorrow then i can officially
go on break <3 getting good marks
so far so hopefully i passed my english one 🙏

update coming sunday or saturday as well :)

working on a junhao, jihan(maybe jihancheol), & svt fic as well ;))

xoxo - adri <3