𝙏𝙀𝙉

HURT CONFESSIONS .

"WHAT do you mean you're dating Seungcheol hyung?" Jisoo gulped nervously, fidgeting with his fingers as he got interrogated by his two best friends across the booth they were sitting at. He had managed to avoid eye contact at all times, yet he could feel both their stares almost peering into his soul.

"I mean..maybe we're sort of dating..and he's sort of my boyfriend now-you know?.." he mumbled quietly, looking up only to thank the waitress for providing his coffee, before looking back down at his hands.

"I'm sorry what? You said that so quietly."

Jisoo sighed deeply, looking up to make eye contact with the two people he always trusted the most. Here goes everything.

"hessortofmyboyfriendandnowearedatingandihavenocluewhatimdoingbecauseiveneverreallybeeninterestedinanyoneelselikethatbutyouknowhereweareandihavenocluehowicanfacehimlater." Struggling to regain his oxygen, Jisoo panted, turning a light shade of pink while confessing to his friends. They don't need to know the whole truth do they?..

Both boys across from him were left in shock, one whose mouth hung open while the other choked on his biscuit. "Soshitstruoo?" Mingyu asked, mouthful of dry bread, making Minghao cringe in disgust, "finish your food first, god that's disgusting." Mingyu turned his head to Minghao, swallowing before showing his bright canines, "awh c'mon haohao, you and I both know that's not true." The taller of two placed his head on Minghao's shoulder, who only turned bright red, completely shutting his mouth from saying anything further.

As for Jisoo, he watched them both closely, a small smile forming on his lips. "Are you two dating?" He asked, his finger making a gesture to point at the two. "What-n-no!" Minghao stuttered, while Mingyu only laughed.

"Why are you getting nervous haohao?" Mingyu whispered in his ear, interlocking their hands together. "Shh don't tell anyone Jisoo hyung." Mingyu teased, leaning forward to show him their hands. "He's lying! God Gyu you're so!" Minghao pouted, turning his head to look out the window, not even bothering to remove the hand that brought warmth to his own.

Mingyu only chuckled at this, loving the way Minghao reacted to the smallest of things Mingyu would do whenever they were hanging out. "I'm just kidding hyung, it's just fun to tease Hao isn't it?" Jisoo nodded while laughing at the younger, he truly couldn't have asked for more in this moment. His family.

Minghao cleared his throat in an attempt to change the subject. "That's enough about me, I thought you liked Seokmin?" He would have to admit, curiosity did get the better of him, but really he wondered how it was possible for one person to change everything by one simple meeting.

Jisoo nodded slowly, his focus staying on the hot steam that came out of his beverage. "Well..that's-er...I mean-I just think maybe it's time I got over him, you know? I don't know..I just-" Jisoo shut his eyes, struggling to form the words that he wanted to say so badly.

"I just feel like Seungcheol would be good for me. You know? It-he doesn't-he doesn't hurt me the way-the way I do with Seokmin."

There it was.

The truth.

Or maybe it was a part of it. A small part of Jisoo's pain he kept hidden for far too long. As much as he liked-loved-Seokmin, he was easily one of the pieces that hurt Jisoo the most. It was like he was trapped in quicksand. Each struggle made Jisoo go farther under until he could no longer breathe. As of this moment, he thinks it's only a matter of time before everything just stops.

His breaths were shaky, he could feel the tears forming in his eyes as he tried his best to look away from his two best friends who knew him the most. Maybe even more than he knew himself.